- This event has passed.
Foundations of Employee Motivation
March 10 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
One event on March 12, 2021 at 9:30 am
One event on March 15, 2021 at 9:30 am
Motivation is the willingness to exert oneself in order to achieve something. In the organizational context, employees ideally should be exerting themselves in pursuit of organizational goals. Employee motivation is the force within a person that affects his or her directions, intensity, and persistence that is voluntary in nature. Motivated employees are willing to exert a particular level of effort (intensity), for a certain amount of time (persistence), toward a particular goal (direction). Because managers are concerned with the behavior of employees, so too must they be concerned with what drives that behavior.
Managers cannot motivate employees directly. They can however ‘set the scene’ for employees to motivate themselves. In fact, one job of the manager must be to ensure that employees do not lose what motivation they have. In this course, you will learn the important content and process theories of motivation and apply them in your organization to ensure employee engagement and productivity.
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Understand why employees are motivated
- Learn the Filipino context of motivation
- Identify the current challenges on employee motivation
- Design employee motivation strategies in your company
- Early Theories of Motivation
- Content and Process Theories of Motivation
- Contemporary Theories of Motivation
- Current Challenges in Motivating the Workforce
- The Filipino Context of Motivation
- Online lecture (check-in session)
- Learning management system (eCampus)
Mr. Ralph Ivan A. Gutierrez was the former Human Resources Director, Quality Management Department Head, & Support Services Group Head Ditus Sapienta Holdings, Inc. and also a part-time faculty member at the De La Salle College of St. Benilde School of Hotel, Restaurant, and Institution Management.
He is also the human resources development consultant for the Employers Confederation of the Philippines Training and Development Department, where he runs management and employee development programs for ECOP member companies.
He obtained a Masters Degree in Industrial and Employment Relations at the University of Turin in Italy and a Master’s Degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology and Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology both from the Ateneo de Manila University.
He also completed 2 short courses program on Industrial Relations and Human Resources Management sponsored and Management Training Program by the Association for Overseas Technical Cooperation and Sustainable Partnerships, in Tokyo, Japan.
He was also granted full scholarship by Temasek Foundation and Nanyang Polytechnic International in their Innovation and Enterprise Leadership Programme at Nanyang Polytechnic, Singapore.
March 10, 12, and 15, 2021 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 n.n. via Zoom and ECOP eCampus
Regular price/Non-member rate: PhP4,000.00.00
All ECOP members are entitled to a member-rate discount using a coupon code. To get a code, kindly contact our Training Department at [email protected]
- Only participants who have settled the program fee will be allowed to attend the program. To avoid inconvenience, kindly settle the program fee 1-day before the scheduled training date.
- The speaker will make available learning materials that participants will use in this training program. It can be downloaded from our eCampus platform.
- The recorded video of the session will be uploaded in our eCampus platform after each training session.
- As part of the course completion, participants are required to submit their action plans. ECOP is encouraging participants to use the training program to address actual or potential problem areas related to the theme of the training. The action plans are important to because it will help participants develop a specific intervention and enable us to identify the other technical assistance your company may need from us following the training.
- Participants will receive e-certificates after the training.
For a detailed and step-by-step registration guide, click this link: bit.ly/ecophowtoregister
Deadline for Registration: March 8 (Monday)
Deadline for Payment: March 9 (Tuesday)
You may get in touch with the following contact details for inquiries: