- This event has passed.
Labor Policies Amidst the Pandemic Disruption: How to Comply with the New DOLE Policies and General Labor Standards
March 27 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
One event on March 27, 2021 at 9:00 am
COVID – 19 pandemic has disrupted the workforce forcing the government to apply strict restrictions. Most of the business adapted the alternative work arrangements forcing some employees to work from home.
The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) responded to these arrangements by issuing department orders and labor advisories to guide employers on how to effectively implement labor standards.
Even the passage of these department orders and labor advisories, some employers failed to comply with these rules. Labor inspections are still being implemented to ensure that companies are following the mandated labor standards. With this, some employers are having a hard time complying with the laws resulting in non-compliance and even suffering the cost of litigation.
This 2-session program helps company representatives prepare their company for compliance. Participants will learn what to prepare before and what to do during an inspection.
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Have a better understanding of labor standards laws and other special labor legislations, orders, and labor issuances
- Ensure their companies’ faithful compliance of these laws, thus avoiding any legal sanctions, civil and or criminal for non-compliance thereof
- Sharpen their knowledge and understanding of the processes of labor inspections, dealing with inspectors and their negative reports, if any
- Help their companies’ image as compliant of labor laws and as employers of choice.
- Constitutional Framework of the law on General Labor Standards
- Legal Framework of the law on Labor Standards
- Basis or Foundation of the law on Labor Standards
- The Labor Code as principal Labor Law of the Country
- Concept of Labor Standards Law
- Labor Code on Labor Standards
- Working Conditions and Rest Periods
- The Non-diminution of Benefits Rule
- The Wage Rationalization Act
- DOLE Department Orders and Labor Advisories during the pandemic period
- Overview of some concerns in administration of SSS, Philhealth, and Pagibig
- O. 183-17 –Strengthening the Inspection and Enforcement of Labor Laws
- Zoom check-in session
- Action planning
March 20 and 27, 2021, 9:00 am to 12:00 nn via Zoom and ECOP eCampus
Atty. Noel D. Balsicas, C.P.A.
Atty. Noel finished his Bachelor of Science in Commerce (Major in Accounting) from Southwestern University magna cum laude and soon after passed the Accountancy Board Examination. He completed his Bachelor of Laws from the University of Cebu as class salutatorian and immediately thereafter hurdled the Philippine Bar Examination. He also earned a Master’s degree (Master in Management, Major in Business Management) from the University of the Philippines.
Atty. Noel has over 30 years of experience in the fields of human resource management and labor relations as an HR practitioner in the country’s biggest and oldest conglomerate.
Regular Price/Non-member Rate: PhP4,000.00.00
All ECOP members are entitled to a member-rate discount using a coupon code. To get a code, kindly contact our Training Department at [email protected].
- Only participants who have settled the program fee will be allowed to attend the program. To avoid inconvenience, kindly settle the program fee 1-day before the scheduled training date.
- The speaker will make available learning materials that participants will use in this training program. It can be downloaded from our eCampus platform.
- The recorded video of the session will be uploaded in our eCampus platform after each training session.
- As part of the course completion, participants are required to submit their action plans/pre-assessment survey. ECOP is encouraging the participants to use the training program to address actual or potential problem areas related to the theme of the training.
- Participants will receive e-certificates after the training.
For a detailed and step-by-step registration guide, click this link: bit.ly/ecophowtoregister
Deadline for Registration: March 18, 2021 (Thursday)
Deadline for Payment: March 19, 2021 (Friday)
You may get in touch with the following for inquiries: