- This event has passed.
Administrative Investigation, Discipline, and Termination
October 23 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
One event on October 27, 2023 at 9:00 am
Employee misconduct does always happen in every organization. How do you handle a miscreant employee? With iron hands that would lead to discharge from the service or with understanding with a view to reform? It depends upon the gravity of the offense and the attending circumstances.
Disciplining an employee is one of the most challenging jobs of a people manager. Aside from the emotional issues, there are laws and jurisprudence that one had to contend with. Failing to observe these legal constraints may end up in a lawsuit which you might lose.
Consider these hard statistics, of thousands of cases filed annually with the NLRC, 75% are illegal dismissal cases. 67% are won by labor. Dismissing an employee, therefore, should be handled with care and caution. It’s bad enough to suffer litigation costs that may include moral, exemplary, actual costs and attorney’s fees. It’s worse as the decision for reinstatement orders you to immediately reinstate the employee and pay backwages pending appeal.
This course will teach you how to navigate the treacherous waters of discipline. The proper conduct of administrative investigation, the evaluation of evidence, the law and jurisprudence would provide you the nexus that would guide your decision whether to warn, suspend or discharge an employee. Laced with workshops it will enrich your knowledge and competence in handling discipline and administrative investigation in the workplace.
Above all, the course will help participants avoid the pitfalls of costly litigation.
- Explore techniques in effective employee discipline
- Understand the oundations of labor-management relations
- Acquire comprehensive knowledge and skills of labor-management relations processes in a corporate setting, specifically in administrative investigation and grievance handling
- Empower line supervisors and other concerned personnel in the enforcement and administration of company rules and employee discipline
- Address ssues and concerns regarding CBA provisions
- Role of Managers and Supervisors
- Overview of Labor Relations
- Legal Basis
- Labor Relations Framework
- Labor Relations Process
- Employee Discipline
- Rules and regulations
- Disciplinary actions
- Guidelines in administering discipline
- Administrative Investigation
- Stages of an administrative investigation
- Documentation process
- Twin Notice Rule
- Interplay of Rights in AI
- Legality of Dismissal
- Serious Misconduct
- Willful Disobedience
- Gross and Habitual Neglect of Duties
- Fraud/Breach of Trust
- Commission of crimes
Classroom lecture, Workshop exercises, group discussion
- Human resources practitioners
- Employee relations heads
- Corporate Lawyers
Atty. Ranulfo (Noli) P. Payos was a lecturer in the De La Salle Professional School, Inc. Graduate School of Business’ corporate governance program. He is the Chairman of a management consulting firm, Change Management International, Inc. He is the Vice President of the Employers’ Confederation of the Philippines (ECOP) and Vice President of ECOP Institute of Productivity and Competitiveness (EIPC). Likewise, he was a former member of the Board of Directors of the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) as a representative of the employer sector.
He was.appointed by President Benigno Aquino III as Commissioner of the Tripartite Voluntary Arbitration Advisory Council (TVAAC) and is currently a member of the Tripartite Industrial Peace Council (TIPC) and Tripartite Executive Committee (TEC) An awardee of People Manager of the Year in 1987, he is a Diplomate in Personnel Management and was elected President of the People Management Association of the Philippines (PMAP) for two terms. He was a former member of the Board of Regents of Rizal Technological University. He also elected President of the Society of Fellows in Personnel Management. He was a former member of the Society of Human Resources of USA (SHRM).
Atty. Payos has had 31 years of professional experience in Human Resources Management occupying senior executive positions in several multinational companies until his retirement in 1994 as Senior Vice-President of Human Resources and Administration and Corporate Secretary of Eastern Telecommunications Philippines, Inc. He also held leadership positions in various professional and civic organizations. Moreover, he took up MBA studies and continuing management education and training programs in several reputable schools and institutions in the Philippines, U.S.A., and the United Kingdom. He has also attended international conferences on human resources management and labor relations in the U.S.A., ASEAN countries, Japan, Australia, Hongkong, Korea, Switzerland, Italy, and Ireland. He was 6 times employers’ delegate to the International Labor Conference (ILC) in Geneva, Switzerland. His areas of expertise lie in Human Resource Management, Labor Relations, Training and Development, Manpower Planning, Executive Selection and Placement, Corporate Communications, Job Evaluation, and Performance Management.
He is a co-author of the book “Personnel Management in the 21st Century” – a revision of the book originally written by PMAP founder and first President, entitled “Personnel Management.” and author of the newly-minted book, “Human Resource Management – From the Practitioner’s Point of View.”
October 23 and 27, 2023; 9:00am-12:00pm via Zoom and ECOP eCampus
Regular Price/Non-member rate: Php 4,000.00
All ECOP members are entitled to a member-rate discount using a coupon code. To get a code, kindly contact our Training Department at [email protected].
- The training slot is confirmed only upon receipt of payment. Only confirmed (paid) participants will be given access to the training.
- The registration fee must be paid not later than two (2) working days before the first session of the training.
- The speaker will make available learning materials that participants will use in this training program. It can be downloaded from our eCampus platform.
- The recorded video of the session will be uploaded in our eCampus platform after each training session.
- Participants will receive e-certificates after the training.
For more inquiries, you may contact us via ECOP Training and Development: [email protected]