- This event has passed.
Seminar on Human Resource Management and Industrial Relations: Case Study of Japanese Companies
March 2 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
One event on March 3, 2021 at 9:00 am
COVID-19 pandemic gave rise to unprecedented global problems. This resulted in the Philippine government implementing one of the longest lockdowns in the world. As a result, companies have been forced to adopt an alternative work arrangements; revised their human resource policies; intensified their occupational safety and health protocols, and reduced their manpower to keep the company afloat.
But other than these labor scenarios in the Philippines, what are the other countries are doing to keep their businesses afloat?
The Employers Confederation of the Philippines (ECOP), with the technical support of the Association for Overseas Technical Cooperation and Sustainable Partnerships [AOTS] will be conducting a 2-day seminar entitled “Human Resource Management and Industrial Relations: A Case Study of Japanese Companies. This program aims to help participants deepen their understanding of human resource management in Japanese companies by imparting knowledge on the theoretical framework of HRM in the general and how Japanese companies are applying it. Also, the program is designed to enhance participants’ capabilities in handling HRM and industrial relations through group discussions to enable them to apply what they learned in the seminar.
At the end of the 2-day seminar, participants will be able to:
- Understand theoretical framework of Japanese HRM.
- Learn best practices of HRM with Japanese cases.
- Study actual situations of industrial relations in Japanese firms.
- Have a deeper understanding of HRM and IR issues by actively participating in the sessions and exchanging views with other participants.
- Acquaint participants with HRM issues that can be applied to various situations at their respective companies through group discussions and presentations by ex-participants of the seminar.
- Human resource practitioners
- Industrial relations practitioners
- Company presidents/CEO
- Other participants who are interested to learn how Japanese companies handle the COVID – 19 disruption in their workplaces
Dr. FUJIMURA Hiroyuki
Hosei Business School of Innovation Management,
ECOP members – Php 2,400.00
Non-ECOP members – PhP4,000.00
Medium of Instruction
This course is conducted in English
March 2 and 3, 2021 from 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. PST via Zoom (See Curriculum time table below)
Theoretical framework of HRM (10:00-12:00)
Best practices of HRM by using Japanese case studies (13:00-16:00)
|3rd March||Actual situations of industrial relations in Japanese firms.|
Presentation by ex-participants
Group discussion and presentation
For more information, you may contact Mr. Ray Tadeo at [email protected]