The Association for Overseas Technical Cooperation and Sustainable Partnerships (AOTS) will be conducting an online “Instructors’ Training Course on the “Management Training Program (MTP)” [ERMI] from June 2 to 11, 2021 (1st half) and June 29 to July 6, 2021 (2nd half).
The “Management Training Program (MTP)” is a training program conducted by the Japan Industrial Training Association (JITA). It is a systematic program that aims to help managers learn “the basics of management”.
After completion of the course, participants will be officially accredited as an MTP instructor to their company/organization.
The course will consist of the following elements:
Lectures by specialists and experts
- Lectures by specialists and experts – The lectures such topics as below will be conducted by the specialists or the experts:
- The Basic Principles of Management
- Management, Human Behavior, and Organization
- Basic of Problem Solving
- Work Improvement
- Current Development and Future Challenges of Trade Unions in Japan
- Characteristics of Japanese IR and HRM
- The Frustration of Needs and Attitudes
- Taking Care of Problems Concerning People
- The Meaning of Developing Members
- The Cultivation of Individual Skills and Abilities
- The Development of Good Management
- What Required for MTP Instructors?
- Individual Work and Presentations – Participants are requested to prepare in advance a pre-training assignment. This contains current issues and situations their company is facing, and make a presentation to share this with their co-participants. During the seminar, participants are advised to draw up an Action Plan, which will be presented on the final day of the program, based on the skills and knowledge acquired through the program.
- Lectures by specialists and experts
- Group discussions and presentations by participants
The following are eligible to apply to the course:
- Middle managers who supervise and instruct subordinates in the field of Industrial Relations (IR) and/or Human Resource Management (HRM);
- Specialists who are instructors/trainers in the fields of IR and/or HRM in their respective companies.
QUALIFICATION OF PARTICIPANTS
Applicants must meet all following the requirement below:
- Middle managers who supervise and instruct subordinates or specialists who are instructors/ trainers (including future instructors/trainers) in the field of IR and/or HRM in Employers’ Organizations’ member companies or Employers’ Organizations.*Middle managers such as managers, section managers, or section chiefs but not beyond these positions are preferable.
- Middle managers who have at least five years of managing experience or specialists who have at least five years of training experience in the field of IR and/or HRM in Employers’ Organizations’ member companies or Employers’ Organizations.*Five to fifteen years’ experience is preferable.
- Persons who are not over the age of 45 and not younger than 25 on the first day of the seminar.*It is strongly advised that applicants’ ages fall within the range of 25 and 45 to maximize the outcome (i.e. dissemination of the result of the seminar) and benefit at most from their participation in the seminar. The applicants who are under 25 or over 45 may not be eligible even if other requirements are satisfied.
- Persons who graduated from either a four-year college or university course, or have an equivalent educational background.
- Persons who have a good command of both written and spoken English. *If a candidate was not educated in English, a document that proves his/her English proficiency, e.g., official TOEFL or TOEIC score, should be attached.
- Persons who are recommended by both Employers’ organizations and their employer.
- Persons who can fully complete the seminar and carry out two tasks:
- To make a presentation on their ‘Action Plan’ on the final day of the seminar and to send an ‘Action Plan Implementation Report’ to AOTS by Wednesday, October 6, 2021.
- To send the ‘Evaluation Sheet for the Participant’s Organization’ to AOTS upon their return home.
8. Persons who can apply the lessons of the seminar in their daily working environment and disseminate the learning experiences and knowledge acquired from the seminar after returning to their organization with the cooperation of the Employers’ Organization.
9. Persons who are physically and mentally able to attend the seminar.
10. Persons should not be full-time students or military personnel.
11. Persons who have not attended the Employers’ Organization Cooperation Program previously in Japan over the past five years. However, the participants of the EREO seminar which was held in FY2018 are eligible to apply for seminars from FY2021.
12. Persons who can attend all lectures during the seminar period. Equipment such as a personal computer, a microphone, a webcam, and an internet connection to attend the online lectures should be prepared by themselves. The online lectures are supposed to be held from 11:30 to 14:30 and 15:30 to 18:30 in Japan Standard Time. For those in countries where difficulties are taking live lectures because of the time difference, they are required to view a video stream of those lectures excluding sessions of presentations by participants and submit an assignment after each session.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Participants are requested to confirm their agreement with “Terms and Conditions for Participation in AOTS Program,” which includes the following conditions:
- Participants must attend all online lectures and discussions during the seminar period.
- Regarding intellectual property rights, the streamed lectures may not be downloaded or recorded in any way and they may also not be used for any other purpose than participation in the seminar. Data distributed to participants through the lectures may be used only for designated and approved purposes. The ID, password, and any other personal information issued to participants may not be used by anyone other than the designated person.
- An interested member company representative will request an application form from ECOP.
- Applicants must submit a softcopy of required documents.
- ECOP representative will screen the application forms.
- Applicants who will pass the initial paper screening will be scheduled for an online interview.
- Interviewed applicants will be endorsed to AOTS for the final screening.
- AOTS will be selecting the applicant through their screening committee. Selected applicant/s will be notified thru email from AOTS and/or ECOP.
- Only complete requirements shall be entertained
- Only 1 applicant per company
- ECOP member companies who have outstanding balance are prohibited from joining the program unless it is settled before the program
- A selected applicant who wishes to withdraw his/her application due to unforeseen circumstances should settle the entire program fee.
- The deadline for submission of nominations will be on May 7, 2021 (no extension).
For inquiries, please email Mr. Ray Tadeo at [email protected] or call 09175505635.