- This event has passed.
Strategic Planning 101
August 14 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
One event on August 15, 2023 at 9:00 am
One event on August 16, 2023 at 9:00 am
A major strategy to recover from the effects of the pandemic is for organizations to come with doable strategic plans.
Strategic planning is an organizational management activity that is used to set priorities, focus energy and resources, strengthen operations, ensure that employees and other stakeholders are working toward common goals, establish agreement around intended outcomes, and assess and adjust the organization’s direction in response to a changing environment.
For organizations to cope up with the disruptive VUCAD business environment it must have a comprehensive strategic plan that will define its strategic directions and decisions on allocating its resources. Organizations must have control mechanisms to guide the implementation of their strategies.
Consequently, an unclear, much more, the absence of a strategic plan may lead to business failure. If organizations fail to anticipate or prepare for fundamental changes, they may lose valuable lead time and momentum to effectively address them when they occur. As a result, lack of a strategic plan negatively impacts the attitude of an organization’s team. This shall result in morale problems due to the fact that the future is uncertain, unpredictable and/or out of control.
This course will enable participants to facilitate their organization’s strategic planning sessions. Specifically, the participants will:
- Extensively discuss and simulate the strategic planning process using the systems approach of environmental scanning, business analysis, and integration
- Know how to develop Mission, Vision and Objectives alignment
- Learn Competitor Analysis, SWOT, Strategy Maps, and other essential tools to properly conduct a successful strategic planning process
- Develop simulated strategies and action plan
- Organizing the Strategic Planning Sessions
- Activities: Pre and Post
- Developing the Framework of Strategic Planning
- SCANning the Business Environment
- Opportunities and Threats (OT of SWOT)
- Porter’s 5 forces
- Competitor’s analysis
- Macroenvironmental scanning
- Tools and Techniques in Business Analysis
- Strength and weaknesses (SW of SWOT)
- Keep, drop, and create
- TOWS analysis
- Capacity assessment
- Balanced Scorecard
- Developing Strategies and Action Plans
- Types of strategies
- Process of putting strategy into actions
- Lean Canvas and Value Proposition Canvas
- SPATRES (Strategies, Programs, Activities/Tasks and Resources)
- Performance Standards
- Performance Indicators
The seminar will be blended using live lectures and real time interactions and online individual learning assignments. There will be lecture – discussion, individual exercises, individual sharing, interaction, role plays, games and feedback.
Mr. Jesse Francis N. Rebustillo, FPM
Mr. Jesse Francis N. Rebustillo FPM is a management and human resource consultant, training consultant, seminar facilitator, and a keynote speaker as he conducts programs on values, leadership, emotional intelligence, work-life integration, team alignment, career development, strategic planning, job hunting, as well as sales and customer services
Jesse was the Corporate Human Resources Head of the Philippine Daily Inquirer. He shifted his career to become the Inquirer’s AVP for Sales – Classified Advertising and then was promoted as AVP for Industry Relations.
Jesse was the editor of the Inquirer’s Working People Section and the Chairman/Editor of ECOP’s Philippine Employer Magazine.
He was the 2011 President of the Philippine Society for Training and Development (PSTD) and 2016 President of the People Management Association of the Philippines (PMAP). Currently, he is the President of the Philippine Association of Professional Speakers (PAPS), 2020 PSTD Chairman, and a member of the Board of Trustees of the Philippine Council of Associations and Association Executives (PCAAE).
August 14, 15, 16, 9:00a.m. – 12:00p.m. via Zoom and eCampus
Regular Price/Non-member Rate: Php 4,000.00
All ECOP members are entitled to a member-rate discount using a coupon code. To get a code, kindly contact our Training Department at [email protected].
- The training slot is confirmed only upon receipt of payment. Only confirmed (paid) participants will be given access to the training.
- The registration fee must be paid not later than two (2) working days before the first session of the training.
- The speaker will make available learning materials that participants will use in this training program. It can be downloaded from our eCampus platform.
- The recorded video of the session will be uploaded in our eCampus platform after each training session.
- Participants will receive e-certificates after the training.
Click here to register
Deadline for Registration: August 17, 2023
Deadline for Payment: August 18, 2023
For more inquiries, you may contact us via ECOP Training and Development: [email protected]