- This event has passed.
Responsible Wage Digitization For Small Enterprises (Online)
December 7, 2023 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pmPhp200
Digital wage payments have the potential to enhance the efficiency and transparency of payroll systems, boosting the performance of enterprises and improving well-being of women and men workers. The transition to digital wage payments also empowers workers by increasing control over their wages and access to financial services, such as savings, credit, and insurance, leading to additional economic opportunities and greater resilience to economic shocks.
This training is designed to provide small enterprises with the know-how, tools, and strategies to enable them to transition successfully and in a responsible manner, benefitting both the enterprise and their workers. The course provides an overview of the use and benefits of digital payments by small enterprises, and of digital wages in particular; the importance of a responsible transition to digital wages; and steps to implement a responsible wage digitization, including elements of human resource management, such as setting up a payroll system, registering employees and issuing pay slips.
The course is intended to be delivered by trainers from employers’ organizations as well as organizations supporting small enterprise development (including government institutions, business development service providers and others). It is designed to be delivered in multiple countries, so the core content is generic and country-specific content is provided in the annexes.
By the end of this program, participants will:
- Have explored how digital wage payments fit in the overall digital transformation of small enterprises and the advantages of doing so.
- Have understood how responsible digital wage payments contribute to sustainable enterprises and workers’ wellbeing and identified key benefits and challenges for enterprises and workers in their country context.
- Be equipped to plan and carry out various steps required to digitize wage payments responsibly
- Be able to engage effectively with financial/payroll service providers to identify digital wage payment solutions and other financial services adapted to their needs.
- Be able to support their women and men workers throughout the transition to digital wages.
- Be able to take practical steps to register employees with the national tax and social security systems (when relevant).
- Session 1: Why should I pay wages digitally?
- Session 2: Preparing for responsible wage digitization
- Session 3: Setting up a simple payroll system
- Session 4: Selecting and working with financial service providers
- Session 5: Supporting workers through the transition
- Session 6: Action planning
- Online via Zoom
- There will be lectures and group activities
Time and Date
- 7 December 2023
- 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- ECOP Members with Good Standing: Free for 3 slots (exceeding participants will be charged with a regular rate of Php 200)
- Non-Members: Php 200
- The training slot is confirmed only upon receipt of payment. Only confirmed (paid) participants will be given access to the training.
- The registration fee must be paid not later than two (2) working days before the first session of the training.
- The speaker will make available learning materials that participants will use in this training program. It can be downloaded from our eCampus platform.
- The recorded video of the session will be uploaded in our eCampus platform after each training session.
- Participants will receive e-certificates after the training.
Click here to register
* ECOP members who will avail the free slots must email [email protected] beforehand to check their eligibility.
* Non-members must register through the registration link.
For more inquiries, you may contact us via ECOP Training and Development: [email protected]