- This event has passed.
Problem Solving & Decision Making
September 18 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
One event on September 20, 2023 at 2:00 pm
Problems in the workplace are inevitable. Whether expected or not, unpleasant workplace situations and untoward incidents continuously happen. As a result, these problems prevent management and workers from achieving their corresponding mission, vision, and goals. Therefore, any action to eliminate or address a problem is called problem-solving.
Problem-solving skills refer to problem-solving and analyzing problems efficiently, effectively, and timely without any impediment. It involves identifying the problem, creating alternative solutions, evaluating and choosing the best alternative, and implementing the selected solution.
This program will help participants to understand the problem-solving process and implement necessary action plans.
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Make better decisions in the workplace by having a deeper understanding of the dynamics of the art of problem-solving
- Learn the different tools on how to creatively solve problems by being able to come up with the best possible solution to any given situation
- Create action plans for implementing solutions
- Overview of the Program
- Introduction to problems
- Problem-solving approach
- Problem-solving and decision-making framework
- Problem identification and analysis
- Eight essentials in defining problems
- Analysis tools
- Cause and effect
- 5 Whys
- Pareto analysis
- Generating solutions and decision-making analysis
- Developing options and alternatives
- Mind mapping
- Strategic thinking
- Design thinking
- Evaluating options using criteria and decision matrices
- Selecting the best option
- Implementation, action planning, and evaluation
- Developing action plans
- Implementing solutions
- Evaluating results
- Taking necessary action
- Online lecture (check-in session)
- Online group workshops
- Learning management system (eCampus)
Ray G. Tadeo, MBA
Mr. Tadeo is the training and development manager of the Employers Confederation of the Philippines (ECOP) where he manages the training operations of the organization.
He has 14 years of experience in training operations from designing, implementing, and evaluating training interventions for various companies from different industries.
He also implemented different projects that focuses on capacity-building of employers representative to different topics under industrial relations and occupational safety and health.
Mr. Tadeo participated in various fora and trainings in Cambodia, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Madagascar, Nepal, Thailand, and Vietnam representing the employers organization.
Prior to his engagement at ECOP, he worked at Digitel Mobile Philippines, Inc. (Sun Cellular) under the organizational development and training department and Partners in Child Development and Progress as a Behavioral Therapist.
He earned his certification in Management Training Program (MTP) from the Association of Overseas Technical Scholarships in Osaka, Japan, Certificate in Digital Training from International Training Center of the International Labour Organization in Turin, Italy, and Research Course on Decent Work at International Labour Organization, Geneva, Switzerland.
Mr. Tadeo received his MBA at San Beda College Alabang, Muntinlupa and Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology at the Universty of Santo Tomas, Manila.
September 18 and 20, 2023 2:00PM – 5:00PM PM via Zoom and ECOP eCampus (2-day program)
Regular Price/Non-member Rate: PhP 4,000.00.00
All ECOP members are entitled to a member-rate discount using a coupon code. To get a code, kindly contact our Training Department at [email protected].
- The training slot is confirmed only upon receipt of payment. Only confirmed (paid) participants will be given access to the training.
- The registration fee must be paid not later than two (2) working days before the first session of the training.
- The speaker will make available learning materials that participants will use in this training program. It can be downloaded from our eCampus platform.
- The recorded video of the session will be uploaded in our eCampus platform after each training session.
- Participants will receive e-certificates after the training.
Click here to register
Deadline for Registration September 13, 2023
Deadline for Payment: September 14, 2023
For more inquiries, you may contact us via ECOP Training and Development: [email protected]