October 1 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
One event on September 29, 2021 at 9:00 am
One event on October 1, 2021 at 9:00 am
What keeps businessmen awake at night during these difficult times is not where to get money to finance the business. The business models that have proved effective during the second half of the 20th century up to the turn of the millennium are slowly being challenged by emerging realities in the business environment. Technology has transformed the way business is done and more importantly, the way people are managed. More and more, cultural transformation is becoming a necessity to turn around the business.
Organization Development (OD) is concerned with diagnosing organizational health and implementing appropriate interventions to help make individuals work better in groups. Unfortunately, group dynamics are difficult to manage and control, as the variables are people. Fortunately, behavioral scientists have laid a great groundwork for the practice of Organization Development. To be effective in their roles, managers need a working knowledge of OD concepts, practices and approaches.
This webinar will provide human resources (HR) practitioners and managers/supervisors with an overview of Organization Development as a key function to keep organizations working like a well-oiled machine. OD concepts and notions shall be demystified and help the participating managers understand basic issues in organizational behavior and culture. The discussions will help develop in the participants a working knowledge of basic interventions that could help create high performing teams in their organizations.
- Part 1. Introduction
- Organizational and Individual Effectiveness
- Organizational Behavior and Culture
- Definition and origin of Organization Development
- Early Practice of Organization Development (Chapter 1)
- Traditional OD Programs and Contributions
Part 2. Important Chapters in OD History
- Chapter 2 in OD History
- New Approaches in OD
- New Theories and Models in OD
- Typical OD Interventions
- Managing Planned Change
Part 3. Changing Focus of OD
- Chapter 3 – The Changing Focus
- More Modern OD Interventions
- New Dimensions in OD Diagnostics
- Relevance of OD in the Next Normal
- Interactive online lectures
- Group discussions
- Pre-test and Post-test
September 27, 29, and October 1, 2021, 9:00 am to 12:00 nn via Zoom and ECOP eCampus (3-day program)
Mr. Ernie Cecilia, DPM
Ernie has 46 years of experience and training in human resources (HR) management and consulting. He was the 1999 President of the People Management Association of the Philippines (PMAP) and its Executive Director in 2013. In 2011, PMAP also gave him the highest distinction as a Diplomate in People Management. He is the chairman of the Human Capital Committee and the Publications Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines (AMCHAM). He is also the Co-Chairman of the Technical Working Group (TWG) on Labor Policy and Social Issues of the Employers Confederation of the Philippines (ECOP). He was also the President and CEO of EC Business Solutions and Career Center, a human resources consulting firm specializing in enhancing individual and organizational effectiveness.
He is a regular columnist of the Manila Times, the AMCHAM Business Journal, and the People Manager. He has authored articles in local and foreign publications and published his own books. Ernie taught at PMAP’s Asian Institute for Human Resources Management (AIHRM), Lyceum of the Philippines University, the University of the Philippines, and the (CESB) Career Executive Service Board’s continuing CESO education and training for government executives.
Regular Price/Non-member Rate: Php 4,000.00
All ECOP members are entitled to a member-rate discount using a coupon code. To get a code, kindly contact our Training Department at [email protected].
- The training slot is confirmed only upon receipt of payment. Only confirmed (paid) participants will be given access to the training.
- The registration fee must be paid not later than two (2) working days before the first session of the training.
- The speaker will make available learning materials that participants will use in this training program. It can be downloaded from our eCampus platform.
- The recorded video of the session will be uploaded in our eCampus platform after each training session.
- Participants will receive e-certificates after the training.
Click here to register
Deadline for Registration: September 22, 2021
Deadline for Payment: September 23, 2021
For more inquiries, you may contact us via ECOP Training and Development: [email protected]