- This event has passed.
New Labor Policies
September 30 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
One event on September 30, 2023 at 9:00 am
COVID – 19 pandemic has disrupted the workforce forcing the government to apply strict restrictions. Most businesses adopted alternative work arrangements forcing some employees to work from home. The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) responded to these arrangements by issuing department orders and labor advisories to guide employers on how to effectively implement labor standards. Even with the promulgation of these department orders and labor advisories, some employers still fail to comply with these rules. Meanwhile, labor inspections are still being implemented to ensure that companies are following the mandated labor standards. Due to the pandemic situation, some employers are having a hard time complying with the laws resulting in non-compliance thus exposing them to possible legal problems. This 2-session program helps company representatives prepare their company for compliance. Participants will learn what to prepare before and what to do during an inspection.
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
● Have a better understanding of labor standards, other special labor legislations, orders, and issuances
● Ensure their companies’ faithful compliance of these laws, thus avoiding any legal sanctions, civil and or criminal, for non-compliance thereof
● Sharpen their knowledge and understanding of the processes of labor inspections, in dealing with inspectors and their negative reports, if any
● Help their companies’ image as being compliant of labor laws and as employers of choice.
● Constitutional Framework of the law on General Labor Standards
● Legal Framework of the law on Labor Standards
● Basis or Foundation of the law on Labor Standards
● The Labor Code as principal Labor Law of the Country
● Concept of Labor Standards Law
● Labor Code on Labor Standards
● Working Conditions and Rest Periods
● The Non-diminution of Benefits Rule
● The Wage Rationalization Act
● DOLE Department Orders and Labor Advisories during the pandemic period
● Overview of some concerns in administration of SSS, Philhealth, and Pagibig
● O. 183-17 –Strengthening the Inspection and Enforcement of Labor Laws
● Zoom check-in session
● Action planning
ATTY. NOEL D. BALSICAS, C.P.A.
Atty. Noel finished his Bachelor of Science in Commerce (Major in Accounting) from Southwestern University magna cum laude and soon after passed the Accountancy Board Examination. He completed his Bachelor of Laws from the University of Cebu as class salutatorian and immediately thereafter hurdled the Philippine Bar Examination. He also earned a Master’s degree (Master in Management, Major in Business Management) from the University of the Philippines.
Atty. Noel has over 30 years of experience in the fields of human resource management and labor relations as an HR practitioner in the country’s biggest and oldest conglomerate.
September 23 and 30, 2023 9:00 AM to 12:00 NN via Zoom and ECOP eCampus (2-day program)
Regular Price/Non-member Rate: PhP 4,000.00.00
All ECOP members are entitled to a member-rate discount using a coupon code. To get a code, kindly contact our Training Department at [email protected].
- The training slot is confirmed only upon receipt of payment. Only confirmed (paid) participants will be given access to the training.
- The registration fee must be paid not later than two (2) working days before the first session of the training.
- The speaker will make available learning materials that participants will use in this training program. It can be downloaded from our eCampus platform.
- The recorded video of the session will be uploaded in our eCampus platform after each training session.
- Participants will receive e-certificates after the training.
Click here to register
Deadline for Registration September 18, 2023
Deadline for Payment: September 19, 2023
For more inquiries, you may contact us via ECOP Training and Development: [email protected]