- This event has passed.
Management Development Program
October 6 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
One event on October 8, 2021 at 9:00 am
One event on October 11, 2021 at 9:00 am
Modern management is about getting work done with and through people. Over time, the practice of Management has evolved since the days of Frederick Winslow Taylor, Henri Fayol and other thought leaders. While Peter Drucker was recognized as the modern day management guru, it was Louis A. Allen who professionalized the practice of management. He codified modern management practices, published a common vocabulary (ComVoc) of management terms and his book “The Profession of Management”, upon which many managers around the world was trained.
This seminar discusses the four management functions of planning, organizing, leading and controlling. The seminar leader has updated these concepts based on his long-time practice in general management and human resources management. By participating in this seminar, managers and supervisors will be able to effectively transition their roles from that of a solid contributor to a people manager. This seminar also discusses emerging trends and roles in management during the current pandemic and in the next normal.
Part 1. Introduction
- Definition, origin of Management
- Principles of Management (Taylor)
Part 2. Functions of Management
- Management Functions (L. A. Allen)
Part 3. Planning for Future Goals
- Typical Planning process
- Value of Planning
- Individual/Group Exercise
- Practical Tips on Planning
Part 4. Organizing for Success
- The Organizing Function
- Principles of Organizing
- Individual/Group Exercise
- Practical Tips on Organizing
Part 5. Empowering Leadership
- Definition of Leading/leadership
- Principles of Leadership
- Motivating Employees
- Popular Theories on Motivation
- Problem-Solving and Decision-Making
- The Manager as Communicator
- Developing People
- Practical Tips on Leading
Part 6. Controlling for Best Results
- The Controlling Function
- Basic Steps in Control
- Developing Standards
- Evaluating Performance
- Taking Corrective Action
- Practical Tips on Controlling
Part 7. Management Levels, Responsibilities, Roles and Style
- Levels of Management
- Responsibilities and Roles of Managers
- Managerial Skills Required
- Managerial Challenges
- Management Style
Part 8. Managing in the Next Normal
- New Management Imperatives in the Next Normal
- How to Continue to be Relevant in the Next Normal
- Closing and Integration
- Online lecture (check-in session via Zoom)
- Learning management system (eCampus LMS)
- Case study
- Pre and post tests
Mr. Ernie Cecilia, DPM
Ernie has 46 years of experience and training in human resources (HR) management and consulting. He was the 1999 President of the People Management Association of the Philippines (PMAP) and its Executive Director in 2013. In 2011, PMAP also gave him the highest distinction as a Diplomate in People Management. He is the chairman of the Human Capital Committee and the Publications Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines (AMCHAM). He is also the Co-Chairman of the Technical Working Group (TWG) on Labor Policy and Social Issues of the Employers Confederation of the Philippines (ECOP). He was also the President and CEO of EC Business Solutions and Career Center, a human resources consulting firm specializing in enhancing individual and organizational effectiveness.
He is a regular columnist of the Manila Times, the AMCHAM Business Journal, and the People Manager. He has authored articles in local and foreign publications and published his own books. Ernie taught at PMAP’s Asian Institute for Human Resources Management (AIHRM), Lyceum of the Philippines University, the University of the Philippines, and the (CESB) Career Executive Service Board’s continuing CESO education and training for government executives.
October 6, 8, and 11, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 n.n. via Zoom and ECOP eCampus
Regular Price/Non-member Rate: PhP4,000.00.00
All ECOP members are entitled to a member-rate discount using a coupon code. To get a code, kindly contact our Training Department at [email protected].
- The training slot is confirmed only upon receipt of payment. Only confirmed (paid) participants will be given access to the training.
- The registration fee must be paid not later than two (2) working days before the first session of the training.
- The speaker will make available learning materials that participants will use in this training program. It can be downloaded from our eCampus platform.
- The recorded video of the session will be uploaded in our eCampus platform after each training session.
- Participants will receive e-certificates after the training.
Deadline of Registration: September 29, 2021
Deadline of Payment: September 30, 2021
For more inquiries, you may contact us via ECOP Training and Development: [email protected]