- This event has passed.
Just Causes for Termination: The Process and Jurisprudence
September 24 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
One event on September 24, 2022 at 9:00 am
Terminating employees is one of the challenging roles of an HR practitioner. Improper execution may lead to lawsuits that may cause the company a huge amount of expenses.
There are 2 types of termination, just and authorized causes. The just causes of termination refer to serious misconduct, willful disobedience or insubordination, gross and habitual neglect of duties, fraud or willful breach of trust, loss of confidence, a commission of a crime or offense, and analogous causes.
This 2-part series training program will help HR practitioners learn the proper process of implementing termination. This module will focus on the Just causes for termination, its process and jurisprudence.
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Understand laws, rules, and Supreme Court decisions on employment termination;
- Enhance understanding of valid grounds for termination of employment;
- Identification of key elements of valid employment termination (just causes).
- Presentation of program overview;
- Review of legal premises and principles of employment termination:
- Procedural due process
- Substantive due process
- Effects of due process violations
- Review of various modes, law, rules, key elements and jurisprudence on employer-initiated employment termination:
- Article 297, Labor Code
- O. 147, s. 2015
- Procedural due process requirements
- Jurisprudence and elements of just causes of employment termination:
- Serious misconduct
- Willful disobedience
- Gross and habitual negligence
- Willful breach of trust and confidence
- Commission of crime or offense
- Other causes analogous
- Trade union activities
- Violation of Union Security clause
- Prohibited union-related activities (i.e., strike, violation of court order)
ATTY. NOEL D. BALSICAS, C.P.A.
Atty. Noel finished his Bachelor of Science in Commerce (Major in Accounting) from Southwestern University magna cum laude and soon after passed the Accountancy Board Examination. He completed his Bachelor of Laws from the University of Cebu as class salutatorian and immediately thereafter hurdled the Philippine Bar Examination. He also earned a Master’s degree (Master in Management, Major in Business Management) from the University of the Philippines.
Atty. Noel has over 30 years of experience in the fields of human resource management and labor relations as an HR practitioner in the country’s biggest and oldest conglomerate.
September 17 and 24, 2022 9:00 AM to 12:00 NN via Zoom and ECOP eCampus (2-day program)
Regular Price/Non-member Rate: PhP 4,000.00.00
All ECOP members are entitled to a member-rate discount using a coupon code. To get a code, kindly contact our Training Department at [email protected]
- The training slot is confirmed only upon receipt of payment. Only confirmed (paid) participants will be given access to the training.
- The registration fee must be paid not later than two (2) working days before the first session of the training.
- The speaker will make available learning materials that participants will use in this training program. It can be downloaded from our eCampus platform.
- The recorded video of the session will be uploaded in our eCampus platform after each training session.
- Participants will receive e-certificates after the training.
Click here to register
Deadline for Registration: September 13, 2022
Deadline for Payment: September 14, 2022
For more inquiries, you may contact us via ECOP Training and Development: [email protected]