Implementing an Effective Succession Planning and Management Program
January 26 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 am
One event on January 28, 2021 at 8:30 am
One event on February 2, 2021 at 8:30 am
Succession planning and management is a vital talent management dimension in the new normal. The Covid-19 pandemic is a realization that there is need for cohesive, agile, and competent leadership to steer the organizations’ capabilities in navigating uncertainties and chaos.
Operations become paralyzed if a key employee leaves without being replaced by a competent person. Management needs to decide whether to promote internally or hire a talent outside the organization.
The succession of talents must be strategic in order to avoid gaps in leadership, ensure continuity of management and operational know-how and enable potential leaders to develop competencies for future roles. Organizations must determine the vulnerable positions. They need to identify key positions, and how attrition rate affects the movement of people.
This extensive three-day webinar-workshop will enable participants to execute an effective and flexible succession plan that will ensure that their organizations meet the future need for people and continue to grow and achieve their mandated goals.
At the end of the 3-day program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the process and guidelines in implementing a Succession Planning and Management Program.
- Develop competencies in preparing detailed and comprehensive succession plan, conducting talent review and formulating career development plans.
- Learn how to implement an organization-specific succession planning strategy.
- Appreciate how to develop future leaders from within the organization and identify key competencies required for specific positions.
January 26, 28, and February 2, 2021, 8:30 AM – 11:30 AM via Zoom and ECOP eCampus
First Day (January 26)
- Understanding Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, Ambiguity, and Delayed Feedback in Organizations
- Culture of Agility
- Step-Back Leadership Concept
- Succession Planning vs. Replacement Planning
- Salient Considerations
- Importance and Benefits of Succession Planning
- Corporate / Talent Risk Management Factors
- Proactive and Responsive Human Resource (HR) Planning
- HR Planning
- Strategic HR
- Talent Management and Succession Planning
- Succession Planning Framework and Process
- Commitment from Senior Management
- Committee and Support Structures
- Cost effectiveness assessment: in-house resources or outsourcing
- Installing succession planning process
Second Day (January 28)
- Key Players and their Roles
- Human Resources Professionals
- Career Plan and Career Path
- Designing individual development plans
- Talent Review
- The 9-box grid
- High Potential Employees
- High Performer Employees
- Vulnerability Analysis
- Scan and Testing
- Identifying Critical and Pivotal Positions
- Talent Pipeline
Third Day (February 2)
- Career Development Plan
- Creating Talent Profile
- Customizing Leadership Development
- Assessment Centers
- Succession Plan Implementation
- Workplace challenges
- Critical success factors
- Retaining corporate knowledge
- Strategies for overcoming roadblocks
- Succession Planning and Workforce Planning
Mr. Jesse Francis N. Rebustillo FPM is a management and human resource consultant, training consultant, seminar facilitator, and a keynote speaker as he conducts programs on values, leadership, emotional intelligence, work-life integration, team alignment, career development, strategic planning, job hunting, as well as sales and customer service.
Jesse was the Corporate Human Resources Head of the Philippine Daily Inquirer. He shifted his career to become the Inquirer’s AVP for Sales – Classified Advertising and then was promoted as AVP for Industry Relations.
Jesse was the editor of the Inquirer’s Working People Section and the Chairman/Editor of ECOP’s Philippine Employer Magazine.
He was the 2011 President of the Philippine Society for Training and Development (PSTD) and 2016 President of the People Management Association of the Philippines (PMAP). Currently, he is the President of the Philippine Association of Professional Speakers (PAPS), 2020 PSTD Chairman, and a member of the Board of Trustees of the Philippine Council of Associations and Association Executives (PCAAE).
Regular Price/Non-member rate: Php 3,000.00
All ECOP members are entitled to a member-rate discount using a coupon code. To get a code, kindly contact our Training Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a detailed and step-by-step registration guide, click this link: bit.ly/ecophowtoregister
Deadline of Registration: January 22, 2020 (Friday)
Deadline of Payment: January 25, 2020 (Monday)
You may get in touch with the following contact details for inquiries:
ECOP Training and Development: email@example.com
ECOP Ecampus: firstname.lastname@example.org