- This event has passed.
Implementing an Effective Succession Planning and Management Program
May 25 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
One event on May 20, 2021 at 8:30 am
One event on May 25, 2021 at 8:30 am
Succession planning and management is a vital talent management dimension in the new normal. The Covid-19 pandemic is a realization that there is need for cohesive, agile, and competent leadership to steer the organizations’ capabilities in navigating uncertainties and chaos.
Operations become paralyzed if a key employee leaves without being replaced by a competent person. Management needs to decide whether to promote internally or hire a talent outside the organization.
The succession of talents must be strategic in order to avoid gaps in leadership, ensure continuity of management and operational know-how and enable potential leaders to develop competencies for future roles. Organizations must determine the vulnerable positions. They need to identify key positions, and how attrition rate affects the movement of people.
This extensive three-day webinar-workshop will enable participants to execute an effective and flexible succession plan that will ensure that their organizations meet the future need for people and continue to grow and achieve their mandated goals.
At the end of the 3-day program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the process and guidelines in implementing a Succession Planning and Management Program.
- Develop competencies in preparing detailed and comprehensive succession plan, conducting talent review and formulating career development plans.
- Learn how to implement an organization-specific succession planning strategy.
- Appreciate how to develop future leaders from within the organization and identify key competencies required for specific positions.
- Understanding Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, Ambiguity, and Delayed Feedback in Organizations
- Culture of Agility
- Step-Back Leadership Concept
- Succession Planning vs. Replacement Planning
- Salient Considerations
- Importance and Benefits of Succession Planning
- Corporate / Talent Risk Management Factors
- Proactive and Responsive Human Resource (HR) Planning
- HR Planning
- Strategic HR
- Talent Management and Succession Planning
- Succession Planning Framework and Process
- Commitment from Senior Management
- Committee and Support Structures
- Cost effectiveness assessment: in-house resources or outsourcing
- Installing succession planning process
- Key Players and their Roles
- Human Resources Professionals
- Career Plan and Career Path
- Designing individual development plans
- Talent Review
- The 9-box grid
- High Potential Employees
- High Performer Employees
- Vulnerability Analysis
- Scan and Testing
- Identifying Critical and Pivotal Positions
- Talent Pipeline
- Career Development Plan
- Creating Talent Profile
- Customizing Leadership Development
- Assessment Centers
- Succession Plan Implementation
- Workplace challenges
- Critical success factors
- Retaining corporate knowledge
- Strategies for overcoming roadblocks
- Succession Planning and Workforce Planning
May 18, 20, and 25, 2021 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM via Zoom and ECOP eCampus (3-day program)
Mr. Jesse Francis N. Rebustillo FPM is a management and human resource consultant, training consultant, seminar facilitator, and a keynote speaker as he conducts programs on values, leadership, emotional intelligence, work-life integration, team alignment, career development, strategic planning, job hunting, as well as sales and customer service.
Jesse was the Corporate Human Resources Head of the Philippine Daily Inquirer. He shifted his career to become the Inquirer’s AVP for Sales – Classified Advertising and then was promoted as AVP for Industry Relations.
Jesse was the editor of the Inquirer’s Working People Section and the Chairman/Editor of ECOP’s Philippine Employer Magazine.
He was the 2011 President of the Philippine Society for Training and Development (PSTD) and 2016 President of the People Management Association of the Philippines (PMAP). Currently, he is the President of the Philippine Association of Professional Speakers (PAPS), 2020 PSTD Chairman, and a member of the Board of Trustees of the Philippine Council of Associations and Association Executives (PCAAE).
Regular Price/Non-member rate: Php 3,000.00
All ECOP members are entitled to a member-rate discount using a coupon code. To get a code, kindly contact our Training Department at [email protected]
- The training slot is confirmed only upon receipt of payment. Only confirmed (paid) participants will be given access to the training.
- The registration fee must be paid not later than two (2) working days before the first session of the training.
- The speaker will make available learning materials that participants will use in this training program. It can be downloaded from our eCampus platform.
- The recorded video of the session will be uploaded in our eCampus platform after each training session.
- Participants will receive e-certificates after the training.
Deadline of Registration: May 10, 2021 (Monday)
Deadline of Payment: May 11, 2021 (Tuesday)
Tickets are no longer be available.
For more inquiries, you may contact us via ECOP Training and Development: [email protected]