- This event has passed.
Generate Your Business Idea
June 29 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
One event on June 29, 2022 at 2:00 pm
One event on July 1, 2022 at 2:00 pm
Filipinos often copy the business ideas of other entrepreneurs: from sari-sari stores down to laundry shops and water refilling stations.
There is no problem with this – if there is a demand and you capitalize on the market share. However, start-up entrepreneurs often miscalculate the risks of opening similar businesses without determining the market and its business operation.
The ILO – ECOP Generate Your Business Idea (GYB) training helps to identify different business ideas, analyze them, and select the most promising ones. The training methodology explores the individual entrepreneurial potential, desire, and needs.
Those who will participate but eventually decide not to start an enterprise will still benefit from the training as they will discover what it takes to be an entrepreneur. This training creates awareness about the driving forces of an enterprise and as such can also be instrumental when being contracted as an employee. The counseling session for those who decide not to go into business will explore other opportunities, looking at job placements and/or advanced education and vocational training programs.
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Assess their potential to become a successful entrepreneur
- Explain any business idea that a participant is considering
- Develop a list of ideas from several sources of business concepts
- Write their concrete business idea
- Fields of business
- Types of business
- Developing business idea
- Customers’ needs
- Marketing mix
- Choosing the right business
- Market research
- Field study
- Environmental scanning
- SWOT analysis
- Market research
- Business idea write-shop
June 27, 29, and July 1, 2022, 2:00p.m. – 5:00p.m.
Mr. Oliver L. Barnedo
Mr. Oliver L. Barnedo completed his undergraduate degree of B.S. Food Technology at the University of the Philippines and holds a University Diploma in General Studies (DEUG) in Letters, Languages and Foreign Civilizations from University of Tours in France. He has worked with several institutions as a French instructor such as Alliance Francaise De Manille and Philippine Catholic Chaplaincy. He was also the school Director of Soufie’s Academy of Arts in Kalibo, Aklan in 2013-2015. Mr. Barnedo also has experience in business management, serving as an Operations Manager/Partner for Mister Saigon, a Vietnamese cafe in Antipolo city. Currently, he is a trainer-facilitator for several training programs such as the Online In Business Soft Skills Development Program for Women and Business Continuity Planning (BCP) Training Sessions headed by the Employers Confederation of the Philippines in partnership with the International Labour Organization.
Regular Price/Non-member Rate: PhP 4,000.00
Member Rate: PhP2,400.00
All ECOP members are entitled to a member-rate discount using a coupon code. To get a code, kindly contact our Training Department at [email protected]
- The training slot is confirmed only upon receipt of payment. Only confirmed (paid) participants will be given access to the training.
- The registration fee must be paid not later than two (2) working days before the first session of the training.
- The speaker will make available learning materials that participants will use in this training program. It can be downloaded from our eCampus platform.
- The recorded video of the session will be uploaded in our eCampus platform after each training session.
- Participants will receive e-certificates after the training.
Click here to register
Deadline for Registration: June 22, 2022
Deadline for Payment: June 23, 2022
For more inquiries, you may contact us via ECOP Training and Development: [email protected]