- This event has passed.
Foundations of Organizational Design
March 3 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
One event on March 5, 2021 at 9:30 am
One event on March 8, 2021 at 9:30 am
Organizational design refers to the division of labor as well as the patterns of coordination, communication, workflow and formal power that direct organizational activities. Our knowledge provides the tools to engage in organizational design; that is, to create and modify organizational structures.
In this course you will learn the McKinsey’s 7S framework which are seven internal elements of an organization that need to be aligned for it to be successful: shared values, skills, style, staff, strategy, structure, and systems. You can use the McKinsey organizational design framework to help you improve the performance of your organization or to determine the best way to implement a proposed strategy. The framework can also be used to examine the likely effects of future changes in the organization, or to align departments and processes during an organizational change process.
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Learn the fundamentals of organizational design.
- Know organizational design concepts.
- Discuss the importance of creating an effective organizational culture, and other emerging trends in organizational design like flexible work arrangements, work- from-home, and the contingent workforce
- Organizational Structure and Design
- Traditional and Contemporary Organizational Designs
- McKinsey’s 7s Organizational Design
- Organizational Culture
- Flexible Work Arrangements and the Contingent Workforce
- Current Organizational Design Challenges
- Online lecture (check-in session)
- Learning management system (eCampus)
Mr. Ralph Ivan A. Gutierrez was the former Human Resources Director, Quality Management Department Head, & Support Services Group Head Ditus Sapienta Holdings, Inc. and also a part-time faculty member at the De La Salle College of St. Benilde School of Hotel, Restaurant, and Institution Management.
He is also the human resources development consultant for the Employers Confederation of the Philippines Training and Development Department, where he runs management and employee development programs for ECOP member companies.
He obtained a Masters Degree in Industrial and Employment Relations at the University of Turin in Italy and a Master’s Degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology and Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology both from the Ateneo de Manila University.
He also completed 2 short courses program on Industrial Relations and Human Resources Management sponsored and Management Training Program by the Association for Overseas Technical Cooperation and Sustainable Partnerships, in Tokyo, Japan.
He was also granted full scholarship by Temasek Foundation and Nanyang Polytechnic International in their Innovation and Enterprise Leadership Programme at Nanyang Polytechnic, Singapore.
March 3, 5, and 8, 2021 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 n.n.
Regular price/Non-member rate: PhP4,000.00.00
All ECOP members are entitled to a member-rate discount using a coupon code. To get a code, kindly contact our Training Department at [email protected]
- Only participants who have settled the program fee will be allowed to attend the program. To avoid inconvenience, kindly settle the program fee 1-day before the scheduled training date.
- The speaker will make available learning materials that participants will use in this training program. It can be downloaded from our eCampus platform.
- The recorded video of the session will be uploaded in our eCampus platform after each training session.
- As part of the course completion, participants are required to submit their action plans. ECOP is encouraging participants to use the training program to address actual or potential problem areas related to the theme of the training. The action plans are important to because it will help participants develop a specific intervention and enable us to identify the other technical assistance your company may need from us following the training.
- Participants will receive e-certificates after the training.
For a detailed and step-by-step registration guide, click this link: bit.ly/ecophowtoregister
Deadline for Registration: March 1 (Monday)
Deadline for Payment: March 2 (Tuesday)
You may get in touch with the following contact details for inquiries: