Effective Investigative Administration and Grievance Handling
January 28 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
One event on January 28, 2021 at 9:00 am
An act of misconduct is inevitable in every business environment. Proving that an act of misconduct has actually been committed depends on the allegations and evidence presented pursuant to an effective administrative investigation.
This is why it is important that every company creates and institutionalizes investigation guidelines to assist employees and compel employers to comply with the rules in conducting workplace investigations.
One major challenge for human resources practitioners and managers is how to be fair in dealing with people’s concerns. The proper conduct of administrative investigation makes the issue of fairness in the workplace a reality. Likewise, an effective administrative investigation has been proven to enhance manager-subordinate partnership.
Following the proper rules of procedure in terminating an employee can prevent companies from having legal problems.On the other hand, a company that does not follow the proper rules of procedure shall face the possibility of not only administrative liability but also civil liability.
This course shall give the participant the necessary information and practical advice on how to effectively handle an administrative investigation. The course shall ensure that every investigation is conducted in a professionally consistent manner which shall yield the best possible result. The course shall be viewed as the standard for a workplace investigation within the company.
The program will also help participants avoid pitfalls of illegal termination.
- Explore techniques in effective employee discipline
- Understand the oundations of labor-management relations
- Acquire comprehensive knowledge and skills of labor-management relations processes in a corporate setting, specifically in administrative investigation and grievance handling
- Empower line supervisors and other concerned personnel in the enforcement and administration of company rules and employee discipline
- Address ssues and concerns regarding CBA provisions
- Role of Managers and Supervisors
- Overview of Labor Relations
- Legal Basis
- Labor Relations Framework
- Labor Relations Process
- Employee Discipline
- Rules and regulations
- Disciplinary actions
- Guidelines in administering discipline
- Administrative Investigation
- Stages of an administrative investigation
- Documentation process
- Twin Notice Rule
- Interplay of Rights in AI
- Legality of Dismissal
- Serious Misconduct
- Willful Disobedience
- Gross and Habitual Neglect of Duties
- Fraud/Breach of Trust
- Commission of crimes
- Grievance Handling
- Role of Managers and Supervisors
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Grievance Machinery process
- Two Periods of a Grievance procedure
- Selection of Arbitrator
- Steps in Grievance Handling
- Do’s and don’ts of grievance handling
- Techniques in grievance handling
- Case studies
Classroom lecture, Workshop exercises, group discussion
- Human resources practitioners
- Employee relations heads
- Corporate Lawyers
Atty. Ranulfo (Noli) P. Payos was a lecturer in the De La Salle Professional School, Inc. Graduate School of Business’ corporate governance program. He is the Chairman of a management consulting firm, Change Management International, Inc. He is the Vice President of the Employers’ Confederation of the Philippines (ECOP) and Vice President of ECOP Institute of Productivity and Competitiveness (EIPC). Likewise, he was a former member of the Board of Directors of the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) as a representative of the employer sector.
He was.appointed by President Benigno Aquino III as Commissioner of the Tripartite Voluntary Arbitration Advisory Council (TVAAC) and is currently a member of the Tripartite Industrial Peace Council (TIPC) and Tripartite Executive Committee (TEC) An awardee of People Manager of the Year in 1987, he is a Diplomate in Personnel Management and was elected President of the People Management Association of the Philippines (PMAP) for two terms. He was a former member of the Board of Regents of Rizal Technological University. He also elected President of the Society of Fellows in Personnel Management. He was a former member of the Society of Human Resources of USA (SHRM).
Atty. Payos has had 31 years of professional experience in Human Resources Management occupying senior executive positions in several multinational companies until his retirement in 1994 as Senior Vice-President of Human Resources and Administration and Corporate Secretary of Eastern Telecommunications Philippines, Inc. He also held leadership positions in various professional and civic organizations. Moreover, he took up MBA studies and continuing management education and training programs in several reputable schools and institutions in the Philippines, U.S.A., and the United Kingdom. He has also attended international conferences on human resources management and labor relations in the U.S.A., ASEAN countries, Japan, Australia, Hongkong, Korea, Switzerland, Italy, and Ireland. He was 6 times employers’ delegate to the International Labor Conference (ILC) in Geneva, Switzerland. His areas of expertise lie in Human Resource Management, Labor Relations, Training and Development, Manpower Planning, Executive Selection and Placement, Corporate Communications, Job Evaluation, and Performance Management.
He is a co-author of the book “Personnel Management in the 21st Century” – a revision of the book originally written by PMAP founder and first President, entitled “Personnel Management.” and author of the newly-minted book, “Human Resource Management – From the Practitioner’s Point of View.”
January 26 and 28, 2021 9:00 AM to 12:00 NN via Zoom and ECOP eCampus
Regular Price/Non-member rate: Php 4,000.00
All ECOP members are entitled to a member-rate discount using a coupon code. To get a code, kindly contact our Training Department at email@example.com.
- Registration fee must be paid not later than one (1) day before the training.
- Only confirmed/paid participants are assured of slots.
- Official receipts can be claimed at the ECOP Secretariat office from Monday to Thursday from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Unclaimed official receipts will be shipped through our accredited carrier every Thursday morning.
For a detailed and step-by-step registration guide, click this link: bit.ly/ecophowtoregister
Deadline of Registration: January 22, 2020 (Friday)
Deadline of Payment: January 25, 2020 (Monday)
You may get in touch with the following contact details for inquiries:
ECOP Training and Development: firstname.lastname@example.org
ECOP Ecampus: email@example.com