- This event has passed.
DESIGNING EMPLOYMENT CONTRACTS: The must, the cans, and the cannots
November 20 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
One event on November 27, 2021 at 9:00 am
An employment contract is an agreement between the employee and employer that governs the terms and conditions of the employment arrangement. The employment contract is the best evidence of the management as to the type of arrangement agreed with the employee.
What stipulations should an employment contract contain?
There are a lot of factors that we need to understand in developing a contract – types of employment, wages and benefits, working schedules, general duties and responsibilities. Developing a contract should also consider the nature of business of the company and important labor laws that apply.
The Employers Confederation of the Philippines (ECOP) will conduct a 2-session training program that will help participants determine the appropriate stipulations in an employment contract. The first part of the training program aims to discuss the basic elements of an employment contract, and the second part of the program will be a consultation on application of learning during the first session.
At the end of the 2-session program, participants will be able to:
- Learn the concept or basic elements of a contract;
- Know the nature and characteristics of an employment contract in relation to protection of workers;
- Learn the types of contracts based on type of employment;
- Mandated and allowable stipulations in the contract; and
- Determine the propriety of contractual provisions in the employment contract.
- Definition, forms & essential requisites of contract
- Nature and characteristics of an employment contract
- Labor law principles affecting employment contracts
- Contracts of adhesion
- Job offers and signed contract with conditions
- Mandated & allowable contract stipulations based on type of employment
- Online lecture
- Consultation and advice
ATTY. NOEL D. BALSICAS, C.P.A.
Atty. Noel finished his Bachelor of Science in Commerce (Major in Accounting) from Southwestern University magna cum laude and soon after passed the Accountancy Board Examination. He completed his Bachelor of Laws from the University of Cebu as class salutatorian and immediately thereafter hurdled the Philippine Bar Examination. He also earned a Master’s degree (Master in Management, Major in Business Management) from the University of the Philippines.
Atty. Noel has over 30 years of experience in the fields of human resource management and labor relations as an HR practitioner in the country’s biggest and oldest conglomerate.
November 20 and 27, 2021 9:00 AM to 12:00 NN via Zoom and ECOP eCampus (2-day program)
Regular Price/Non-member Rate: PhP 4,000.00.00
All ECOP members are entitled to a member-rate discount using a coupon code. To get a code, kindly contact our Training Department at [email protected]
- The training slot is confirmed only upon receipt of payment. Only confirmed (paid) participants will be given access to the training.
- The registration fee must be paid not later than two (2) working days before the first session of the training.
- The speaker will make available learning materials that participants will use in this training program. It can be downloaded from our eCampus platform.
- The recorded video of the session will be uploaded in our eCampus platform after each training session.
- Participants will receive e-certificates after the training.
Click here to register
Deadline for Registration: November 17, 2021
Deadline for Payment: November 18, 2021
For more inquiries, you may contact us via ECOP Training and Development: [email protected]