- This event has passed.
CPBA Module 3: Service Charges and Leaves
September 16 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
In the Philippines, service charges and leaves are regulated by various labor laws and regulations. Service charges are additional payments made by customers for services provided in certain establishments such as hotels, restaurants, and similar service-oriented businesses. These charges are typically added to the bill and are meant to be distributed among the employees who directly provided the service.
Leave policies in the Philippines are governed by various labor laws and regulations, including the Labor Code of the Philippines. This includes Service Incentive Leave, Maternity Leave, Paternity Leave, Parental Leave for Solo Parents, Leave for Victims of VAW-C, and Special Leave for Women.
Employers are generally required to follow the provisions of the labor laws and provide employees with the required leaves and benefits. However, specific leave policies may vary depending on the company and any applicable collective bargaining agreements. It is important for both employers and employees to be aware of their rights and responsibilities regarding leaves and service charges to ensure fair and legal treatment in the workplace.
At the end of the 3-hour session, participants will:
- Understand the coverage and conditions of service charges and differentiate the kinds of leaves
- Understand the usage of each leave
- Know the processes and steps in filing for special leaves
- Service Charges
- Covered employees
- Distribution of Service Charges
- Frequence of Distribution
- Increase in minimum wage
- Coverage of Service Incentive Leave, Maternity Leave, Paternity Leave, Parental Leave for Solo Parents, Leave for Victims of VAW-C, and Special Leave for Women
- Requirements and Conditions
- Conversion or non-conversion to cash
September 16, 2023. 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
ECOP Member PhP900.00
Non-ECOP member PhP1,200.00
Atty. Marvin Gaerlan
is a business lawyer, labor law coach and professional speaker, ASEAN Total Rewards Institute (ATRI) Certified Total Rewards Professional (CTRP), DOLE Certified Safety Officer 3 with SO4 Level trainings on Loss Control Management (LCM), Behavior Based Safety (BBS) Program & Safety Program Audit (SPA), Data Privacy Compliance Adviser with DPO Ace Level 1 Certification from the National Privacy Commission, (with familiarity on General Data Protection Regulations [GDPR]), and with CISCO Certified Network Associate [CCNA] DICT Program Scholarship under the Center for Global ICT Training.
He is presently:
- Adviser on Labor Laws on Termination of Employment and Contractualization/Outsourcing Agreements, DOLE D.O. No. 174
- Data Protection and Information Security Legal Adviser
- Employee Handbook and Company Policies Adviser
- Election Law Legal Adviser
- Handles Labor Law Litigation before the DOLE, Labor Arbiters and NLRC
- Handled criminal and civil cases before the Office of the Ombudsman, Sandiganbayan, Regional Trial Courts and lower courts
- Employee Handbook and Company Policy Adviser
- Managing Partner, Sangalang & Gaerlan, Business Lawyers (Law Firm)
- 3R Bootcamp DTI Scholar – under the Philippine Trade Training Center-Global MSME Academy (Entrepreneurial Leadership)
- Former Legal Aid Attorney, Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP – Quezon City Chapter)
Register to the CPBA+CTRA program Register to the CPBA program Register to the CTRA program
For more inquiries, you may contact us via [email protected]