Coaching During Uncertain Times: How to Support Employees During a Crisis
October 29 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
One event on November 3, 2020 at 10:00 am
One event on November 5, 2020 at 10:00 am
The COVID-19 global crisis has impacted all businesses and has created an extremely stressful context for companies and the workforce. In these turbulent times, many of us are feeling anxious and in some cases panicked. As we ride out the coronavirus pandemic, employees are stressed and scared — nervous about others’ and their own health and the state of the world. The pandemic is prompting employers and employees to recognize the need for, and value of, coaching. Supervisors and managers can help their people get through these trying times by coaching them as they reevaluate their lives and rethink what they add to the world.
This program shall discuss the tools and techniques of coaching in the context of uncertainty which will hopefully result into improved overall well-being of employees and business success.
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the key competencies of an effective coach
- Identify coaching opportunities and extend support to employees through the power of coaching
- Apply the coaching tools and techniques effectively to properly support employees during this time of pandemic
- Coaching Opportunities in This Time of Pandemic
- Coaching during social isolation
- Coaching conversations: health, family, and stress
- Providing support and encouragement while doing remote work
- Extending support to employees who are experiencing grief, anxiety or stress
- Coaching Basics
- Coaching process, when to use, benefits, impact
- Coaching vs. Mentoring
- Coaching skills assessment
- The 8-step coaching model
- Coaching using the GROW model
- Elements of an effective coaching session
- Coaching Tools
- Coaching mindset
- Listening skills
- Powerful questions
- Modes of inquiry
- Emotion management
- Effective feedback
- Coaching and Engagement
- Scientific research on how coaching can increase engagement and productivity in the workplace
- What employees look for in a manager
- Key characteristics of managers that result into a more engaged workforce
- Coaching for performance
Mr. Ralph Ivan Gutierrez is the former Human Resources Director, Quality Management Department Head, & Support Services Group Head of Ditus Sapienta Holdings, Inc. and also a part-time faculty member at the De La Salle College of St. Benilde School of Hotel, Restaurant, and Institution Management.
He is also a human resources development consultant of the Employers Confederation of the Philippines, where he runs management and employee development programs for ECOP member companies.
He obtained a Masters Degree in Industrial and Employment Relations at the University of Turin in Italy and a Master’s Degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology and Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology both from the Ateneo de Manila University.
He also completed 2 short courses program on Industrial Relations and Human Resources Management and Management Training Program by the Association for Overseas Technical Cooperation and Sustainable Partnerships, in Tokyo, Japan.
He was also granted a full scholarship by Temasek Foundation and Nanyang Polytechnic International in their Innovation and Enterprise Leadership Programme at Nanyang Polytechnic, Singapore.
October 29, November 3, 5, 2020 via Zoom and ECOP eCampus
Regular Price/Non-member rate: Php 3,000.00
All ECOP members are entitled to a member-rate discount using a coupon code. To get a code, kindly contact our Training Department at email@example.com.
For a detailed and step-by-step registration guide, click this link: bit.ly/ecophowtoregister
Deadline of Registration: October 27, 2020 (Tuesday)
Deadline of Payment: October 28, 2020 (Wednesday)
You may get in touch with the following contact details for inquiries: