- This event has passed.
Basic Occupational Safety and Health (SO2)
May 20, 2022 @ 4:00 pm - May 21, 2022 @ 1:00 am
One event on May 17, 2022 at 4:00 pm
One event on May 18, 2022 at 4:00 pm
One event on May 19, 2022 at 4:00 pm
One event on May 20, 2022 at 4:00 pm
Safety is good for business. A safe and healthy workplace eliminates accidents, reduces absenteeism, raises employee morale, and enhances employee productivity. The absence of a safe and healthy working environment increases the frequency of workplace accidents and illnesses resulting in the increase of the cost of doing business.
With the cases mentioned above, the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) issued department order (DO) 198 s. 2018 to strengthen the enforcement of OSH policies and programs for private companies. The DO states that companies must establish safety and health policies and programs as well as install safety officers to ensure that these programs are being enforced.
In this regard, ECOP will conduct a 5-day intensive online training program with safety officers as prospective participants. This extensive training will help them to assume the roles of a full-fledged Safety Officer 2 (based on the Implementing Rules and Regulations). It will also help them gain the necessary skills and knowledge to develop safety and health policies and programs for their companies and mitigate the risk and hazards that can cause occupational accidents and illnesses in the workplace.
At the end of the 5-day (40 hours) intensive training program, participants will be able to:
- Learn the basics of occupational safety and health
- Understand government regulations that focuses on occupational safety and health
- Determine hazards and risks at work and develop measures on how to eliminate them
- Draft company OSH policies
- Be certified safety officer 2 practitioner
- Overview of Occupational Safety and Health
- How to Comply with the DOLE Department Order no. 198 series of 2018
- Introduction to Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment, and Control
- How to Eliminate Workplace Accidents
- Communicating OSH in the workplace: trainer’s training course
The webinar will adopt the blended learning approach. Participants will be provided ECOP’s eCampus login credentials for them to access self-paced training materials (such as videos, power point presentations, and other relevant training documents). The eCampus platform will help the participants prepare for the actual scheduled Zoom check-in sessions.
During the scheduled Zoom check-in session, lecturers will provide the following:
- Safety demonstrations
- Safety videos
- Answers to participants’ questions
Participants are also required to answer pre-and-post-test to check the effectiveness of the training program.
Company representatives, from either micro, small, medium, or large enterprise, who will assume the role of safety officer number 2.
They may be:
- Proprietors’ /CEOs/presidents of micro and small companies in any industry
- Human resources practitioners
- Appointed safety officers that have not yet undergone safety training
May 16-20, 2022, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (total of 40 hours)
Regular Price/Non-member Rate: PhP 8,000.00
All ECOP members are entitled to a member-rate discount using a coupon code. To get a code, kindly contact our Training Department at [email protected].
- The training slot is confirmed only upon receipt of payment. Only confirmed (paid) participants will be given access to the training.
- The registration fee must be paid not later than two (2) working days before the first session of the training.
- The speaker will make available learning materials that participants will use in this training program. It can be downloaded from our eCampus platform.
- The recorded video of the session will be uploaded in our eCampus platform after each training session.
- Participants will receive e-certificates after the training.
Click here to register
Deadline for Registration: May 11, 2022
Deadline for Payment: May 12, 2022
For more inquiries, you may contact us via ECOP Training and Development: [email protected]