Basic Occupational Safety and Health for Safety Officer 2 (BOSH SO2) Training
January 15, 2024 @ 8:00 am - January 19, 2024 @ 5:00 pm
Safety is good for business. A safe and healthy workplace eliminates accidents, reduces absenteeism, raises employee morale, and enhances employee productivity. The absence of a safe and healthy working environment increases the frequency of workplace accidents and illnesses resulting in an increase in the cost of doing business.
With the cases mentioned above, the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) issued Department Order (DO) 198 s. 2018 to strengthen the enforcement of OSH policies and programs for private companies. The DO states that companies must establish safety and health policies and programs as well as install safety officers to ensure that these programs are being enforced.
In this regard, ECOP will conduct a 5-day intensive online training program with safety officers as prospective participants. This extensive training will help them to assume the role of a full-fledged Safety Officer 2 (based on the Implementing Rules and Regulations). It will also help them gain the necessary skills and knowledge to develop safety and health policies and programs for their companies and mitigate the risks and hazards that can cause occupational accidents and illnesses in the workplace.
At the end of the 5-day (40 hours) intensive training program, participants will be able to:
- Learn the basics of occupational safety and health
- Understand government regulations that focus on occupational safety and health
- Determine hazards and risks at work and develop measures on how to eliminate them
- Draft company OSH policies
- Be a certified Safety Officer 2 practitioner
- Overview of Occupational Safety and Health
- How to Comply with the DOLE Department Order No. 198 series of 2018
- Introduction to Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment, and Control
- How to Eliminate Workplace Accidents
- Communicating OSH in the workplace: trainer’s training course
The webinar will adopt the blended learning approach. Participants will be provided ECOP’s eCampus login credentials for them to access self-paced training materials (such as videos, powerpoint presentations, and other relevant training documents). The eCampus platform will help the participants prepare for the actual scheduled Zoom check-in sessions.
During the scheduled Zoom check-in session, lecturers will provide the following:
- Safety demonstrations
- Safety videos
- Answers to participants’ questions
Participants are also required to answer pre-and-post to check the effectiveness of the training program.
Company representatives, from either micro, small, medium, or large enterprises, will assume the role of safety officer number 2.
They may be:
- Proprietors/CEOs/presidents of micro and small companies in any industry
- Human resources practitioners
- Appointed safety officers who have not yet undergone safety training
January 15-19, 2024; 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (total of 40 hours)
Regular Price/Non-member Rate: PhP 8,000.00
All ECOP members are entitled to a member-rate discount using a coupon code. To get a code, kindly contact our ECOP OSH Academy at [email protected].
- The training slot is confirmed only upon receipt of payment. Only confirmed (paid) participants will be given access to the training.
- The registration fee must be paid not later than two (2) working days before the first session of the training.
- The speaker will make available learning materials that participants will use in this training program. It can be downloaded from our eCampus platform.
- The recorded video of the session will be uploaded to our eCampus platform after each training session.
- Participants will receive e-certificates after the training.
Click here to register
Deadline for Registration: January 11, 2024
Deadline for Payment: January 12, 2024
For more inquiries, you may contact us via ECOP OSH Academy: [email protected]