- This event has passed.
The SDGs and How Business Contributes to Achieving Them
December 5 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and its 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which is a universal call to action to end poverty, protect our planet, and guarantee that no one is left behind, have been adopted by 193 UN Member states in 2015, to which urgent global action among all sectors across the globe is crucial.
Businesses are seen as catalysts for social and environmental progress. However, the challenge is to shift towards an inclusive and sustainable approach of doing business instead of the traditional philanthropy.
In partnership with the International Labour Organization, an advocacy session/forum will be organized by ECOP among its members. The forum aims to:
- Provide key information on what the SDGs are and why they are relevant for the private sector;
- Inspire with examples of SDGs-related activities implemented by other EBMO’s:
- Give guidance on the possible role of EBMOs in representing the voice of business, and use their convening power to bring business on-board to achieve the SDGs.
Further, the forum aims to answer these key questions:
- What does the private sector need to know about the 17 Sustainable Development Goals with particular emphasis on Goal no. 8 – Decent Work and Economic Growth?
- How could these goals be integrated into the current business models and into their core business strategies?
- What are the challenges that companies may encounter in the integration and how to address these?
This event is free of charge and is exclusively for ECOP members only. Venue is to be announced.
To register, please email Ms. Marianne Faith Rosas at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (02)8-896-5006 local 121 or (02)8-906-7494 for more info.