- This event has passed.
Occupational Defensive Driving
January 17 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm₱4000 – ₱6000
Occupational safety doesn’t start at work. Even going to work and going back home has a safety risk. One of the risks attributed is vehicle-related accidents. In the report conducted by the World Health Organization (WHO) last 2016, there were an estimated 12,690 road accident-related deaths in the Philippines. The WHO Global Status Report on Road Safety 2018 also highlights that road traffic injuries are now the leading killer of children and young people aged 5-29 years around the world. Road safety must be a salient part of the everyday life of a worker.
The Employers Confederation of the Philippines, in partnership with Synerquest Management Consultancy Services Inc., developed a one-day occupational defensive driving course which aims to enhance safety in driving for regular employees, delivery drivers, and even passengers. ECOP also advocates a safe road driving environment in the Philippines.
The course is designed to enhance the driving skills of your company drivers (company cars, delivery van, and trucks) and other employees who are driving company- or personal-owned vehicles.
Causes of Vehicular Collisions
- International Traffic Signs
- Graded quiz on the Interpretation of Traffic Signs
- Traffic Signs, Pavement Markings and Signals
- Traffic Rules and Regulations
- Legal and safe speed limits
- Overtaking and passing
- Right of Way Rules o Ticketing Systems in the Philippines
- Rights and responsibilities of a driver
- Principle of Defensive Driving
- Defensive Driving Tactics
- Right Attitude and Behavior on Driving
- Basic Vehicle Maintenance
- How to conduct pre-boarding inspection inclusive of the engine.
- Application of Defensive Driving and Efficient Vehicle Utilization
- The real truth about wearing the seat belts
- Testing the brakes
- Hands at “10-2” position while steering, use of speed in gearing
- Seeing around the blind spots
- Critical positioning of the vehicle in different road configurations
- Managing your stress
This is structured to include a series of lectures, discussions, workshops, and video presentations. Different case problems are given during workshops. Written examination of traffic signs and defensive driving will measure the participants’ knowledge as well as his/her attitude toward road safety.
The program is limited to classroom learning, actual driving lessons is not part of the program. The program is also limited to 4- and 6-wheels motor vehicles.