- This event has passed.
Designing New Work Policies under the Post COVID-19 World: Labor Standards, DOLE Department Orders, and Labor Advisories
September 25 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
One event on September 25, 2020 at 9:00 am
One event on September 28, 2020 at 9:00 am
The COVID – 19 pandemic has caught everybody by surprise as this once in a lifetimes global health crises have already spread to every continent in our planet, except Antarctica. At present, cases of the disease are rising daily in some parts of Asia, Africa, America, and Europe. Much more than a health crisis, COVID-19 has already created devastating social, economic, and political crises that is said to leave deep scars to all those affected. To address issues concerning the private sector, disrupted businesses in the Philippines resorted to implement work from home arrangements, pay-cuts, and even retrenchment of employees due to serious business losses. On the other hand, the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) have issued several labor advisories and guidelines for workplace relations during the ongoing pandemic.
Unfortunately, most employers find it hard to draft and personalize their own (new normal) workplace policies to address the control and prevention of the COVID-19. Uncommon business practices such as diminution of benefits and temporary suspension of employees, among others, have been resorted to by some employers as a means to keep and save their employees and businesses. Employers likewise tend to have recourse to work from home arrangement policies without setting out clear and detailed guidelines, leaving the employees confused and unaware of their rights and responsibilities.
At the end of the program participants will be able to:
- Review the labor standards and how these standards shape the current government policy
- Understand the application of latest department orders and labor advisories
- Update company policies and guidelines consistent with existing rules and regulations of the Department of Labor and Employment.
- Work that falls under new work arrangements: What are the standards and what are alternative work arrangements
- Drafting company policies and guidelines; common practices and policies on enterprise level (its limitations) vs. labor standards, rules, and guidelines of DOLE.
- Social dialogue as a communication mechanism tool
- Managing alternative work arrangements
- Application of basic labor standards
3-hour zoom, per session, lecturette, group work and presentations
Participants who are in-charge of drafting company policies and procedures including its labor compliance team, this may include but not limited to Company President, CEO, Human Resources – Vice president, Human Resources Head, Human Resources Manager, Human Resource Consultant, Human Resources Generalist, Human Resource Industrial Relations Practitioners, Labor Lawyers, and others.
September 23, 25, 28, 2020 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 n.n. via Zoom and ECOP eCampus
Regular Price/Non-member Rate: Php 3,000
ECOP Member Rate: Php 2,000
All ECOP members are entitled to a member-rate discount using a coupon code. To get a code, kindly contact our Training Department at email@example.com.
For a detailed and step-by-step registration guide, click this link: bit.ly/ecophowtoregister
You may get in touch with the following contact details for inquiries: