- This event has passed.
Designing an Effective Succession Planning
June 6 @ 9:00 am - June 7 @ 5:00 pm₱8500 – ₱10500
The operations of a company often become paralyzed if an important employee leaves without a competent person to replace him. Whenever such case arises, a decision to promote internally or to hire a new talent outside the organization befalls the management.
Companies which decide to promote another employee must find a successor fit for the responsibilities of the position. In so doing, they take on the responsibility to manage and strategize the succession of talent in the organization in order to avoid gaps in leadership, ensure continuity of corporate and operational know-how and enable the employee to develop competencies for future roles.
On a bigger scale, companies must be able to determine vulnerable positions in the organization. They need to identify the key positions in their enterprises and how the attrition rate affects the movement of people in the labor market.
This extensive 2-day program will enable participants to develop, design, and execute an effective and flexible succession plan that will ensure that their organizations meet its future need for people and continue to grow and achieve its business goals. The program will give participants important tools that will serve as their takeaways for their enterprises.
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the importance and know the process and guidelines in succession planning.
- Develop knowledge and skills in preparing a detailed and comprehensive succession plan, talent review and career development plan.
- Learn how to implement an organizationally specific succession planning strategy.
- Understanding Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, Ambiguity, and Delayed Feedback in Organizations
- Culture of Agility
- Step-Back Leadership Concept
- What is Succession Planning?
- Succession Planning vs. Replacement Planning
- Importance and Benefits of Succession Planning
- Corporate Risk Management Factors
- Proactive and Responsive Human Resource (HR) Planning
- HR Planning
- Strategic HR
- Talent Management and Succession Planning
- Succession Planning Framework and Process
- Commitment from Senior Management
- Committee and Support Structures
- Cost-effectiveness assessment: in-house resources or outsourcing
- Creating a succession planning framework
- Documenting company’s best practices
- Developing/installing succession planning process
- Key Players and their Roles
- Human Resources Professionals
- Career Plan and Career Path
- Designing individual development plans
- Talent Review
- The 9-box grid
- High Potential Employees
- Vulnerability Analysis
- Scan and Testing
- Identifying Critical and Pivotal Positions
- Career Development Plan
- Creating Talent Profile
- Customizing Leadership Development
- Assessment Centers
- Succession Plan Implementation
- Challenges to effective succession planning at your workplace
- Critical success factors
- Retaining corporate knowledge
- Strategies for overcoming roadblocks
Lecture – discussion, individual seat works, shall group activities, individual sharing, role plays, games and feedback, video presentations and interactive exercises
Subject matter expert:
JESSE FRANCIS N. REBUSTILLO, MBA, FPM
Jesse has extensive exposure in the field of Human Resource Management.
He is a Management and Human Resource Consultant, Training and Development Consultant, Seminar Facilitator and Speaker as he conducts programs on values, leadership, emotional intelligence, work life integration, team alignment, career development, job hunting as well as sales and customer service.
Currently, he is a Training and HR Consultant of the International Labor Organization (ILO), Employers Confederation of the Philippines (ECOP) and People Management Association of the Philippines (PMAP) and teaches Human Resource Management subjects at the Masters in People Management, Lyceum Graduate School and San Beda Graduate School, Alabang. He was recently bestowed Fellow in People Management by the Philippine Society of Fellows in People Management.
He was the Corporate Human Resources Head of the Philippine Daily Inquirer. But then, he shifted career to become the Inquirer’s AVP for Sales – Classified Advertising and then was promoted as AVP for Industry Relations.
He was the Editor of the Inquirer’s Working People Section and currently the Chairman / Editor of ECOP’s Philippine Employer Magazine.
He was the 2011 President of the Philippine Society for Training and Development (PSTD) and the 2016, President of the People Management Association of the Philippines (PMAP), currently the President-Elect of the Philippine Association of Professional Speakers (PAPS), the 2019 PSTD Vice Chairman, and a member of the Board of Trustee of the Philippine Council of Associations and Association Executives (PCAAE).
He earned his MBA degree at the Ateneo Graduate School of Business (sans thesis) and BSBA Management course, magna cum laude, from the Aquinas University, Legazpi City. He has a Diploma in Human Resource Development, Compensation Management, Labor Relations, and HR Planning and Acquisition from the Jose Rizal University.
Register today and avail our early bird discount:
A 10% discount will be given if payment is received 7 days before the course commences. Payment on-site and walk-in participants will pay the regular fee.