- This event has passed.
Implementing an Effective Succession Planning and Management Program
September 17 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
One event on September 22, 2020 at 9:00 am
One event on September 24, 2020 at 9:00 am
Succession planning and management is a vital talent management dimension in the new normal. The pandemic was a realization that there is a need for cohesive, agile, and competent leadership to steward organizations’ capabilities to navigate uncertainties and chaos.
Operations become paralyzed if a key employee leaves without being replaced by a competent person. Management needs to decide whether to promote internally or hire a talent outside the organization.
The succession of talents must be strategic in order to avoid gaps in leadership, ensures continuity of management and operational know-how and enables potential leaders to develop competencies for future roles. Organizations must determine the vulnerable positions. They need to identify key positions, and how attrition rate affects the movement of people.
This extensive three-day webinar-workshop will enable participants to execute an effective and flexible succession plan that will ensure their organization meet its future need for people and continue to grow and achieve its mandated goals.
At the end of the three-day program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the process and guidelines in implementing a Succession Planning and Management Program.
- Develop competencies in preparing detailed and comprehensive succession plan, conducting talent reviews and formulating career development plans.
- Learn how to implement an organizationally specific succession planning strategy.
- Appreciate how to develop future leaders from within the organization and identify key competencies required for specific positions.
- Understanding Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, Ambiguity, and Delayed Feedback in Organizations
- Culture of Agility
- Step-Back Leadership Concept
- Succession Planning vs. Replacement Planning
- Salient Considerations
- Importance and Benefits of Succession Planning
- Corporate / Talent Risk Management Factors
- Proactive and Responsive Human Resource (HR) Planning
- HR Planning
- Strategic HR
- Talent Management and Succession Planning
- Succession Planning Framework and Process
- Commitment from Senior Management
- Committee and Support Structures
- Cost effectiveness assessment: in-house resources or outsourcing
- Installing succession planning process
- Key Players and their Roles
- Human Resources Professionals
- Career Plan and Career Path
- Designing individual development plans
- Talent Review
- The 9-box grid
- High Potential Employees
- High Performer Employees
- Vulnerability Analysis
- Scan and Testing
- Identifying Critical and Pivotal Positions
- Talent Pipeline
- Career Development Plan
- Creating Talent Profile
- Customizing Leadership Development
- Assessment Centers
- Succession Plan Implementation
- Workplace challenges
- Critical success factors
- Retaining corporate knowledge
- Strategies for overcoming roadblocks
- Succession Planning and Workforce Planning
Blended distance learning: lecture – discussions, individual assignments, group activities, individual sharing, role plays, games, feedback, and interactive exercises.
JESSE FRANCIS N. REBUSTILLO FPM
He earned his MBA degree at the Ateneo Graduate School of Business (sans thesis) and BSBA Management course, magna cum laude, from the Aquinas University, Legazpi City. He has a Diploma in Human Resource Development, Compensation Management, Labor Relations, and HR Planning and Acquisition from the Jose Rizal University.
He is a Management and Human Resource Consultant, Training Consultant, Seminar Facilitator and Speaker as he conducts programs on values, leadership, emotional intelligence, work life integration, team alignment, career development, job hunting as well as sales and customer service.
Jesse was the Corporate Human Resources Head of the Philippine Daily Inquirer. He shifted career to become the Inquirer’s AVP for Sales – Classified Advertising and then was promoted as AVP for Industry Relations.
Jesse was the Editor of the Inquirer’s Working People Section and the Chairman / Editor of ECOP’s Philippine Employer Magazine.
He was the 2011 President of the Philippine Society for Training and Development (PSTD) and the 2016, President of the People Management Association of the Philippines (PMAP), currently the President of the Philippine Association of Professional Speakers (PAPS), and a member of the Board of Trustee of the Philippine Council of Associations and Association Executives (PCAAE).
Currently he is a Training and HR Consultant of the International Labor Organization (ILO), ECOP and PMAP and teaches HRM subjects at the Masters in People Management, Lyceum Graduate School and San Beda, Alabang. He was recently bestowed Fellow in People Management by the Philippine Society of Fellows in People Management.
September 17, 22, and 24, 2020 | 9:00 am – 12:00 nn
Regular Price/Non-member Rate: Php 2,500
ECOP Member Rate: Php 1,500
All ECOP members are entitled to a member-rate discount using a coupon code. To get a code, kindly contact our Training Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a detailed and step-by-step registration guide, click this link: bit.ly/ecophowtoregister
You may get in touch with the following contact details for inquiries: