Creating an Effective Performance Management System
October 27 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
One event on October 22, 2020 at 10:00 am
One event on October 27, 2020 at 10:00 am
There is a saying that goes: “What you cannot measure, you cannot manage. What you cannot manage, you cannot improve.” It is for this reason that most companies implement a performance management system. Performance management is a process of establishing a shared understanding about what is to be achieved, how it is to be achieved, and an approach of managing people to increase the probability of achieving success. The goal of a good performance management system is the improvement of the overall organizational performance while ensuring productivity and the wellbeing of its employees. By analyzing strengths, learning from areas for improvement, and examining potential growth and development, organizations can develop talent, enhance individual performance, and weed out problems as needed. An effective performance management encourages reward and recognition and boost employee engagement and productivity.
At the end of the training program, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the objectives of an effective performance management system
- Understand the performance management framework
- Discuss the critical success factors of an effective performance management system
- Differentiate the different methods of conducting performance appraisals
- Create an appropriate performance management system in an agile environment
1. Introduction: Overview of the PMS
- What is a performance management system
- Objectives of the performance management system
- Performance management framework
- Linkages to other HR systems
2. Critical Success Factors of the PMS
- Alignment of individual goals to corporate goals
- Simplicity and user-friendliness
- Measurement objectivity
- Tool effectiveness
3. Why Performance Management Systems Fail
- Integration problems
- Administration issues
- Instrument-related problems
- Rater and ratee problems
- Frequency of appraisal
4. Methods of Performance Appraisals
- Essay method
- Ranking method
- Forced ranking method
- Graphic rating scales
- Checklist method
- Critical incident method
- Group appraisal method
- Field review method
- Management by objectives method
- Competency appraisal method
- 360 degree method
- The balanced scorecard
5. Reinventing the Performance Management System in an Agile Environment
- Forces disrupting organizations today
- Traditional vs. agile performance appraisals
- Continuous performance management system approach
Mr. Ralph Ivan Gutierrez is the former Human Resources Director, Quality Management Department Head, & Support Services Group Head of Ditus Sapienta Holdings, Inc. and also a part-time faculty member at the De La Salle College of St. Benilde School of Hotel, Restaurant, and Institution Management.
He is also a human resources development consultant of the Employers Confederation of the Philippines, where he runs management and employee development programs for ECOP member companies.
He obtained a Masters Degree in Industrial and Employment Relations at the University of Turin in Italy and a Master’s Degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology and Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology both from the Ateneo de Manila University.
He also completed 2 short courses program on Industrial Relations and Human Resources Management and Management Training Program by the Association for Overseas Technical Cooperation and Sustainable Partnerships, in Tokyo, Japan.
He was also granted a full scholarship by Temasek Foundation and Nanyang Polytechnic International in their Innovation and Enterprise Leadership Programme at Nanyang Polytechnic, Singapore.
October 20, 22, and 27, 2020 via Zoom and ECOP eCampus
Regular Price/Non-member rate: Php 3,000.00
All ECOP members are entitled to a member-rate discount using a coupon code. To get a code, kindly contact our Training Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a detailed and step-by-step registration guide, click this link: bit.ly/ecophowtoregister
Deadline of Registration: October 18, 2020 (Sunday)
Deadline of Payment: October 19, 2020 (Monday)
You may get in touch with the following contact details for inquiries: