- This event has passed.
Avoiding Pitfalls on Managing Projects by Having Effective Project Management Techniques
March 3 @ 9:00 am - March 4 @ 5:00 pm₱6000 – ₱8000
Project management is a powerful business tool that can deliver many advantages to businesses of all sizes. It gives an effective process, guidelines and techniques to help manage people and the work involved in one’s project. Particularly, it helps you manage your projects efficiently, enabling you to positively resolve problems quicker than usual.
On the contrary, not having a process to manage your projects can result in lost time, wasted money and resources, and poor performance. At times, it leads to overlapping of authority and responsibility between top management and project management where they have different plans in mind which lead to confusion among the team members of the project. Evidently, this will lead to losses for the company.
While every project is unique and may need specific distinct solutions to succeed, this workshop will give participants an overview of the entire project management process, as well as develop a deep knowledge and understanding on key project management tools that may be successfully used every day. It can also serve as a basic template, or as a review of project management fundamentals for the “accidental” project managers, leaders, and aspiring persons.
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the difference between Projects and Operations
- Identify and Define Project Processes
- Understand and Identify Project Constraints and Assumptions
- Estimate and Create Project Schedules
- Understand the Value and Concepts of Project Leadership and Management
- Understand and apply the use of Project Management tools such as the Gantt Chart, Network Diagram (Program Evaluation and Review Technique / Critical Path Method), Responsible, Accountable, Consulted and Informed charts, Earn Value Management (EVM), and MS Project software
- Learn how to monitor projects and work closely with the projected budgets
- Learn how to close projects
Module 1: Project Management Principles
- What is a Project?
- Project Success Factors
- Project Process Groups
- Key Project Elements (Knowledge Areas)
- The Project Triangle
- Projects Constraints and Assumptions
Module 2: Project Initiation
- Project Initiation Basics
- Requirements Assessment
- Identifying Project Stakeholders
- The Project Charter
- Case Study: Project Charter
Module 3: Project Planning
- Defining Project Scope
- Creating Work Breakdown Structure
- Project Estimation
- Project Scheduling
Case Study: Project Estimation and Scheduling
- Defining the Management Plans
- Scope Management Plan
- Cost Management Plan
- Schedule Management Plan
- Quality Management Plan
- Risk Management Plan
- Resource Management Plan
- Communications Management Plan
- Procurement Management Plan
- Stakeholder Management Plan
Module 4: Project Execution
- Dealing with Problems
- Building and Motivating the Team
- Leadership and Management
Module 5: Project Monitoring and Controlling
- Monitoring the Project’s Progress
- Monitoring and Managing Risks
- Monitoring and Managing Changes
- Monitoring and Managing Quality
Module 6: Project Closing
- Project Closing Process
- Project Transitioning
- Celebrate Success
The training is a mixture of lectures and workshop exercises that will help participants to be familiar with project management tools and techniques. Participants are also requested to bring actual project documents that they may use during exercises.
March 3-4, 2020, 9:00 am – 5:00pm
Jose Victor Castro III Jovi specializes in facilitating workshops on Leadership, Supervisory Skills, Strategic Planning, Negotiation Skills, Presentation Skills and Work Attitude and Values Enhancement.
He has 31 years of solid work experience in diverse industries such as Architectural/Construction Technology, Electronics Manufacturing, Plastic Packaging, Business Process Outsourcing, Environmental Technologies and FMCG Marketing. His major strengths are in Business Development, General Business Management, Market Development / Technical Sales & Marketing, Relationship Management, Change Management, Training & Organizational Development and Quality Management.
He obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree, Major in Communication Arts, from the Ateneo De Manila University.
Jovi is actively involved as a volunteer to various organizations focused on mental health and wellness, personal development and empowerment.
Register today and avail our early bird discount:
A 10% discount will be given if payment is received 7 days before the course commences. Payment on-site and walk-in participants will pay the regular fee.