The Association for Overseas Technical Cooperation and Sustainable Partnerships (AOTS) will be conducting a training entitled “Instructors’ Training Course on the “Management Training Program (MTP)” [ERMI] on May 27 – June 14, 2019 (15 days) at Kansai Kenshu Center (KKC), Tokyo, Japan.
The “Management Training Program (MTP)” is a training program conducted by the Japan Industrial Training Association (JITA). It is a systematic program that aims to help managers learn “the basics of the management”.
After completion of the course, participants will be officially accredited as a MTP instructor to their company / organization.
The course will consist of the following elements:
Lectures by specialists and experts
(1) Lectures by specialists and experts The lectures such topics as below will be conducted by the specialists or the experts:
- “Japanese Labor Economy Situation”
- Basic Principles of Management
- Principles of Organizational Management
- Management and Standards
- Problem Awareness and Creativity
- The Improvement of Work
- “Current Developments and Future Challenges of the Trade Unions in Japan”
(2) Company Visit Participants have opportunities to visit companies for them to observe the management practices of Japanese companies.
(3) Workshop Participants discuss the cases on certain topics of some Japanese company.
(4) Individual Work and Presentations Participants are requested to prepare in advance a pre-training assignment. This contains current issues and situations their company are facing, and make a presentation to share this with their co-participants. During the seminar, participants are advised to draw up an Action Plan, which will be presented on the final day of the program, based on the skills and knowledge acquired through the program. And will be implemented upon their return.
- Lectures by specialists and experts
- Visits to Japanese companies for study
- Group discussions and presentations by participants
The following are eligible to apply to the course:
- Middle managers who supervise and instruct subordinates in the field of Industrial Relations (IR) and/or Human Resource Management (HRM);
- Specialists who are instructors/trainers in the fields of IR and/or HRM in their respective companies.
QUALIFICATION OF PARTICIPANTS
Applicants must meet all following the requirement below:
1.) Middle managers* who supervise and instruct subordinates or specialists who are instructors/trainers in the fields of
IR and/or HRM at employers’ organization member companies or employers’ organizations.
*Middle managers such as managers, section managers or section chiefs but not beyond these positions are preferable.
2.) Middle managers with at least five years of managing experiences*, or specialists with at least five years of training experiences*, in the fields of IR and/or HRM at employers’ organization member companies or employers’ organizations.
*Five to fifteen years’ of experiences are preferable.
3.) Persons who are not over the age of 45 and not younger than 26(**)
4.) Persons who graduated from a four-year college or university course.
5.) Persons who have a good command of both written and spoken English. (If an applicant was not educated in English, a document which proves his/her English proficiency, e.g., official TOEFFL or TOEIC score, should be attached.
6.) Persons who are recommended by both the Employers’ Organization and their employer.
7.) Persons who are able to fully complete the program and to carry out the following two tasks:
- To make a presentation on their ‘Action Plan’ on the final day of the program and to send an ‘Action Plan Implementation Report’ to AOTS by September 30, 2019.
- To send the ‘Evaluation Sheet for the Participant’s Organization’ to AOTS upon their return home.
8.) Persons who are able to apply the lessons of the program in their daily working environment. And has an ability to disseminate the learning experiences and knowledge acquired from the program after returning to their organizations with the cooperation of their Employers’ Organization (ECOP).
9.) Persons who are physically and mentally able to attend the program. In ensuring good health, pregnant applicants are not considered.
10.) Persons should not be full-time students or armed forces personnel.
11.) Persons who have not attended Employers’ Organization Cooperation Program previously in Japan over the past five years.
** It is strongly advised that the applicants’ ages fall within the range of 26 and 45 in order to maximize the outcome (i.e. dissemination of the result of the program) and benefit at most from their participation in the program. The applicants who are under 26 or over 45 may not be eligible even if other requirements are satisfied.
Participants are requested to confirm their agreement with “Terms and Conditions for Participation in AOTS Program,” which includes the following conditions:
(1) Participants shall obtain a “Temporary Visitor Visa” by submitting the invitation documents supplied by AOTS to the Japanese Embassy or consulate in their country. AOTS may cancel the invitation of participants who enter Japan with the wrong kind of visa.
(2) Reservation of tickets for air travel to and from Japan will be made by AOTS and the tickets will be sent to each participant in the form of an e-ticket through the travel agency. All participants are asked to ensure that they have made all the necessary arrangements on their side before starting their journey to Japan. A participant who is unable to enter Japan before the beginning of the program will lose his/her place. AOTS will arrange their flights for arrival in Japan one day before the program begins and their flights for departure one day after the program ends.
(3) Participants are not allowed to change the route, flight class or date without the endorsement of AOTS. Participants are not allowed to overstay at the city(ies) in a third country between participants’ home countries and Japan for any reasons other than flight convenience. If participants change the flight route by themselves, AOTS may charge them the cost of their air ticket.
(4) Participants shall not be accompanied by their family members to Japan during the program.
(5) Participants shall not request AOTS to arrange, nor arrange by themselves, any additional program for themselves during or before/after the program. Participants must attend all lectures, discussions, visits and ceremonial programs arranged by AOTS.
(6) Participants shall leave Japan and return home upon completion of the program in Japan according to the original schedule proposed by AOTS.
*Inclusive of international airfare, accommodation for the whole duration, food (breakfast, lunch and dinner), transportation abroad, program fee, training materials.
*Exclusive of local taxes and local fares
- Only complete requirements will be entertained
- Only 1 applicant per company
- Program fee should be settled once the participant is already accepted
- ECOP member companies who have outstanding balance are prohibited from joining the program unless it is settled before the program
Deadline of submission of nominations will be on April 12, 2019 (no extension).
For inquiries, please email Mr. Ray Tadeo at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 5009851.